• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Moving from Elements 2018 to Elements 2022 on a new MacBook Pro with an M1 chip

Community Beginner ,
Jan 17, 2022 Jan 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I currently have Elements Organiser 2018 (version 16.0.0.0) on an obsolete Macbook Pro which runs on Big Sur.  I have just purchased a new Macbook Pro with an M1 chip that runs on Monterey.

I tried installing Elements 2018 on my new Macbook Pro, but it won’t take it.  Therefore I need to upgrade to Elements 2022.  I’m unsure of the best way to deal with the combination of new computer and upgraded software.  What is the best order of approach to tackle this?  

Am I better to install Elements 2022 onto the old Macbook and then export the program and data to the new Macbook or is it better to install Elements 2022 straight onto the new Macbook and then restore a backup of the Elements 2018 data?

Your help would be greatly appreciated!

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 24, 2022 Jan 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

By way of sharing experience... I recently upgraded to the new Mac Mini with Monterey 12.1 & bought Elements 2022. It doesn't work at all. I'm looking at Affinity as it's coded for the M1 chip & works with some of the plugins; so far, so good.  Elements isn't coded for the M1 & Adobe seem in no rush to fix it there are lots of posts about this issue; here's one -  (https://community.adobe.com/t5/photoshop-elements-discussions/adobe-photoshop-elements-22-doesn-t-wo...)

You could upload the trail version of Elements 2022 & see if that works on your Macbook Pro (it might be different from the Mac-mini though I doubt it).  It's a lot easier than trying to get a refund from Adobe! Let me know how you get on!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 26, 2022 Jan 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, we did look at Affinity but it won't work for us.  Haven't added Metadata to any of our photos, all of which have multiple keyword and event tags.  Will need to stick with Elements for the time being and hope for the best!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 26, 2022 Jan 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

In desperation I uninstalled Elements 2022 (PSE 22) & installed the 2020 version as there are lots of compatibility issues with PSE 21. To my surprise, it's proving a stable environment. I'm loading & testing Onone plugins, one by one. Nothing has crashed yet. It might work for you?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines