• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

my brush is painting multiple colors and I can't fix it

Explorer ,
Nov 19, 2020 Nov 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My paintbrush in elements 14 will not stop painting multiple colors.  I have reset everything and nothing happens to stop the brush from painting a whole lot of layered colors.  This is very annoying and I have been up all night trying to fix this.  Please help me. This is turning out to be the most temperamental program I have ever used. 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Nov 19, 2020 Nov 19, 2020

There are several brushes in the "brush slot,"  Let's make sure that you are on the regular brush. 

If the problem persists, reset the brush to default. On the tool's option bar, look for a box, lower right. Click on this to reset. (In this older version of PSE 14, the reset icon may be a little triangle, top left on the option bar.)

Please report back.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So what kind of project are you working on, or do you experience this as soon as you started the program? If so then what are the steps you take to reproduce this? For example: what kind of document are you working with (what's the color modus), and what color is active when you just start (what does your color palette look like, can you share a screenshot of your toolbar?).

And what happens when you reset your colors back to normal (press the small icon or use 'D')?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I didn't even see that reset tool option.  Thank you very much for pointing that out. I finally did choose another brush type and the effect went away.  I was switching back and forth from different tools, thinking incorrectly that would fix the problem.  Restarting the program didn't make a difference and I just wasn't thinking straight after a while and continued to panic believing I tried everything.  I have no idea where that effect came from it was like layers of different color chips stacking on top of each other throughout the lines.  At least I know now where the reset button is for future reference.  Thanks again for your response.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You're welcome. Glad to help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There are several brushes in the "brush slot,"  Let's make sure that you are on the regular brush. 

If the problem persists, reset the brush to default. On the tool's option bar, look for a box, lower right. Click on this to reset. (In this older version of PSE 14, the reset icon may be a little triangle, top left on the option bar.)

Please report back.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines