• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

My text engine will not initialize?

New Here ,
Oct 30, 2017 Oct 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I select the text it comes up with the message text engine is prevented from initialized. any thoughts?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Oct 30, 2017 Oct 30, 2017

Please go to location:

C:\Users\[user_name]\AppData\Local\Adobe\TypeSupport\PSE<version no>

and rename the files present there.

AppData folder is hidden by default.

You can turn on viewing of hidden files and folder or simply type the complete location C:\Users\[user_name]\AppData\Local\Adobe\  on Windows explorer search.

Thanks,

Anwesha

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 30, 2017 Oct 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please go to location:

C:\Users\[user_name]\AppData\Local\Adobe\TypeSupport\PSE<version no>

and rename the files present there.

AppData folder is hidden by default.

You can turn on viewing of hidden files and folder or simply type the complete location C:\Users\[user_name]\AppData\Local\Adobe\  on Windows explorer search.

Thanks,

Anwesha

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 31, 2017 Oct 31, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This error message generally appears after a recent Windows 10 Creator update. There are posts which  confirm that updating to the latest Windows 10 Creator version (1709) solves the problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello

I have the same problem in Elements 15.

I am  not really computer savvy, so could you list the above in easy terms to fix please.

How do i find the files and what do i rename them

Peter

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Peter,

First of all, you need to go to location: C:\Users\[user_name]\AppData\Local\Adobe\TypeSupport\PSE<version no>

Since the appdata folder is hidden by default, please try out following steps to go to the prescribed location.

• For File Explorer.
  • Select the C drive.
  • On the File Explorer Ribbon, switch to the View Tab.
  • Expand the Option button, by clicking on the black small triangle below the button.Image
  • Select Change Folder and Search Options.
  • On the Folder Options dialog box select the View Tab.
  • Amend as shown above.
  • Click the Apply and then the OK buttons.
  • Now go the folder C:\Users\YOUUSERRNAME\AppData and you will see them enabled.

Once you are at this location <C:\Users\[user_name]\AppData\Local\Adobe\TypeSupport\PSE<version no>

Try renaming the files to:

AdobeFnt_CMaps_old.lst

AdobeFnt_CommonFonts_old.lst

AdobeFnt_OSFonts_old.lst

Thanks,

Anwesha

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 08, 2017 Dec 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same issue.  I am using PSE2018 - I have followed your suggestions.  I have followed the suggestions on the page linked to the dialogue box that appears when I try to type in the pse file I'm working on that says "click here for more information" - I have followed EACH of the four solutions outlined there - and I still have this freaking problem - the text engine will not initialize - despite the fact that I have trashed the Myriad files (in the first suggestion on the Adobe support page I'm taken to, by the link), the type support folders (second suggestion on that page) and the font cache in PSE AND in my OS file (third and fourth suggestions on that linked page).  No joy in mudville - same error.  Come on... what is the deal here?  Win10 has been around for awhile now - and PSE 18 is new - and should be functioning properly with Win10.  This is ridiculous.  What is the answer for me, when I've tried everything available via Adobe's troubleshooting pages?  (and I've been on hold with Adobe tech support since I began the operation, since I no longer have much faith in troubleshooting instructions provided by Adobe, unfortunately.  Help, please. 

PSE2018, Win10, desktop PC.  Can't type into my open PSE file - error message.  Now what??

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 16, 2022 Jun 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks. This worked for me using CS6. Note that you have to not have Photoshop running while you rename these files.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 24, 2023 Jun 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Was having the same issue.  Did these steps, but it did not go away until I powered down the computer and restarted.

Before doing this, close Photoshop.

1. Deleted the PhotoShop Font Cache.

2. Deleted the System Font Cache.  In order to do this, I had to go to windows services and stop the service "Windows Font Cache Service".

3. Some instructions say to delete the Photoshop font cache at C:\Users\[user name]\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop <version>. Delete the CT Font Cache folder and empty the Recycle Bin. I did not have this folder.

4. Power down and restart computer.

5. No more issue.

Reference this article:

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/troubleshoot-fonts-photoshop.html#

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines