• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

need help with slicing or intersecting images

New Here ,
Nov 26, 2020 Nov 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm a very new beginner when it comes to photoshop. While a lot has been tons of trial and error, I still cannot figure out how to intersect and subtract. I have a picture of a computer that I want to be able to slice or cut out of a background image I created on capture. Im having trouble figuring it out.. can anyone help?

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Nov 27, 2020 Nov 27, 2020

Unfortunately your manipulation has extended the pattern beyond the confines of the computer screen. To remove the pattern and be left with just the black frame would require use of a mask and be very tedious.

On Google Images, I accessed a similar screen. Then I used the Magic wand tool to select the "picture"area_computer2.jpg

on the screen, and filled the selection with a pattern.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't see how anyone can help without seeing the picture. You can post it here on the forum via the "Insert Photos" icon at the top in the reply box.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @a.cruz 

Thanks for reaching out to us.

Based on my understanding of your query, here are few possibilities I am suggesting for you to achieve this:

1. You can use Auto Selection  tool to make the selection. 

Help guide: https://helpx.adobe.com/in/photoshop-elements/using/making-selections.html#use_the_auto_selection_to...

2. You can use Select Subject if the computer is a prominent object in your image.

Help Guide: https://helpx.adobe.com/in/photoshop-elements/using/making-selections.html#use_the_auto_selection_to...

Here is a help guide for Selection tools which will help you understand intersect/Subtract/Add modes and more.

https://helpx.adobe.com/in/photoshop-elements/using/making-selections.html

I hope these resources would help you learn and use the application better. Please feel free to post the image and the further queries. I would be happy to assist you.

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 27, 2020 Nov 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screenshot (2).png

so i basically am trying to have the green show through the computer as 1 image.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately your manipulation has extended the pattern beyond the confines of the computer screen. To remove the pattern and be left with just the black frame would require use of a mask and be very tedious.

On Google Images, I accessed a similar screen. Then I used the Magic wand tool to select the "picture"area_computer2.jpg

on the screen, and filled the selection with a pattern.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's a Photoshop screenshot! Shouldn't the question be moved to the Photoshop forum?

--
Walter in Davie, FL

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good catch Walter.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Although it is a little difficult to see from your screenshot, it looks like you already have the black computer frame as a transparent layer on a white background.  So, delete the two fill layers that you have created.  If you are then left with the computer on a white background, use the rectangular marquee tool to draw a selection around the computer screen.  Then add your pattern fill layer.  The pattern will only be added to the selection.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think I figured it out! Thank you so much!

Sent from my iPhone

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 28, 2020 Nov 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You're welcome. Glad to help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines