• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

need to upload photoshop elements 8

New Here ,
Sep 03, 2020 Sep 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My new Mac Catalina has just been uploaded. Now my photoshop elements 8 won't work.  Can somebody please help me.  I need to upload photoshop elements again.  I'm not very savvy at all.  Marji

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Sep 03, 2020 Sep 03, 2020

Sorry to tell you that version of Ps Elements will not install or run on OS X Catalina.

As stated above you will need a new version of PS Elements. To be clear you need Ps Elements 2020.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You upload a file from your computer to an Internet site

You download and install programs

You need to buy a new program http://www.adobe.com/products/elements-family.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry to tell you that version of Ps Elements will not install or run on OS X Catalina.

As stated above you will need a new version of PS Elements. To be clear you need Ps Elements 2020.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

But won't that mean I have a monthly charge?  Mine has been free.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Photoshop Elements is a 1 time purchase http://www.adobe.com/products/elements-family.html

You MUST read the requirements before buying... I don't think Win8 is supported

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Creative Cloud is by subscription (month-to-month or annual).  Among other things, your subscription entitles you to free upgrades for as long as you remain a paid member. 

Photoshop Elements is a stand-alone, light version aimed at amateurs and hobbyists. PSE doesn't have all the bells & whistles of pro-level PS CC or the steep learning curve.  And it's a one-time purchase which means you'll need to buy an upgrade in a few years. 

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 04, 2020 Sep 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For some reason, In Error, someone moved a reply to you and placed it in a separate forum.

I moved and Merged it back into your original conversation.

Not sure how Windows version 8 came into the conversation as you clearly stated you have a Mac with Catalina as the OS X version.

No need to subscribe to any plan. Just buy Ps Elements 2020 and install that on your mnew Mac.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 04, 2020 Sep 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Also this whole topic should be in the Ps Elements forum. I am moving it over there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines