• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Noise Ninja Plugin won't load anymore

New Here ,
Jan 27, 2022 Jan 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I’ve been using an old Noise Ninja 2 4 2 Plugin with various versions of Photoshop including Elements 2021 for about ten years without any problems at all. Suddenly a couple of days ago it just wouldn’t load although it was still in the Plugins folder.  I’ve re-installed Elements and the Plugin (it’s still downloadable from their website) but it still won’t work . I’m testing the Neat Image Plugin and that’s loading fine. I haven't changed anything recently so I’m mystified as to what’s gone wrong with Noise Ninja.

TOPICS
Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you sure you are using the 64 bit plug-in?  See this info on the Noise Ninja website.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And just to be clear, I told the installer to place the plug-in in the C:\Program Files\Adobe\Photoshop Elements 2021\Plug-Ins folder and it installed fine (into Elements 2021).  Obviously, if you are using a different version of Elements, you need to place it in the appropriate version folder.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 29, 2022 Jan 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry Greg. Was expecting an email when someone answered but didn't get one although I ticked the box. It had been working OK for ten years. Just stopped loading the plugin all of a sudden. Didn't change anything, install any uodates or anything unless Adobe installed some sort of auto update ? It's in the correct folder alongside the trial version of Neat Image which loads just fine

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 28, 2022 Jan 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Could you please confirm if you were able to resolve the issue by following the instructions shared by Greg?

Regards,

Medha Sharma

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry No. Still not loading (see above)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you go to Help>System Info . . .  a dialog will open.  Scroll down to the bottom and see if you have any entry for Plug-ins that failed to load:

Snap_2022.01.29_11h51m16s_001.png

If not, does the Noise Ninja plug-in appear in the list of plug-ins above that?

If you have reinstalled the correct 64-bit plug-in and still don't see it, try resetting the preferences file. Go to Edit>Preferences>General tab and click the Reset Preferences on next launch button.

My final suggestion is that you install the plug-in folder on your desktop and use the Edit>Preferences>Plug-ins dialog to add that folder as an Additional Plug-ins folder.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 30, 2022 Jan 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's not mentioned as a plug-in that failed to load or listed above that.  I installed on Desktop as you suggested but still no joy. It seems to have suddenly decided not to even see the Noise Ninja plugin at all bit it's sitting there in the folder next to the Neat Image plug-in which works fine.

Many thanks for your help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 30, 2022 Jan 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I suggest you contact PictureCode support.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 01, 2022 Feb 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did try but didn't get anywhere.  It's not available as a standalone product anymore only as part of Photo Ninja. I think I've had my moneysworth out of it to be honest !

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 02, 2022 Feb 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Now here''s an intersting thin. I reinstalled an older version of Elenents (2019) and it works fine with that as it did with 2021 for a few weeks anyway.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 25, 2022 Feb 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Try to check registry HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Adobe\Photoshop Elements\19.0\common\settings\ThirdParty Plugins

If you see you plugin name with "_crashCount" suffix and value above 3 then try to set value to 0.

It helps with other plugins.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines