• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

One licence PSE 2024 for both Mac and WIndows systems?

Community Beginner ,
Apr 10, 2024 Apr 10, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I am checking to buy PSE 2024. I am currently using a MacBook pro for travelling and a Desktop Windows 11 at home. Can I activate one licence for both systems? Knowing that I won't open both at the same time.

Thank you,

TOPICS
Download and install

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Apr 11, 2024 Apr 11, 2024

@Bugjoe , thanks for your question about purchasing a multiple-platform license for Photoshop Elements. My apologies, but we only offer single-platform licenses for Photoshop Elements 2024 at https://www.adobe.com/products/photoshop-elements.html?promoid=W6K8JLJC&mv=other

If you do purchase a multiple platform license for Elements from another vendor or marketplace, then please confirm their return policy. I would also recommend bookmarking https://helpx.adobe.com/download-install/kb/redemption-code-help.html

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Downloads direct from Adobe are usually single platform. It’s best to buy on-line e.g. from Amazon or big box stores to get a licence for PC & Mac. They actually come with an emailed download code as Adobe no longer ships physical disks. I have a few “how to” videos for PSE 2024 which you may find helpful.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you,

I had a look on Amazon and other stores. They can provide one licence for both platforms but for only one device. Or they can profide for 2 devices, but only for one platform. I didn't find for both platforms PC/Mac ond 2 devices.

Is there somebody already getting this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know that it is possible as I have PSE 2024 installed on both platforms (W10 & MBpro). So I’m not sure why some stores refer to one device. Generally Adobe Software can be installed on any number of computers, provided only two are activated (signed-in) and only one is used at a time.

https://helpx.adobe.com/download-install/using/install-apps-number-of-computers.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a screenshot from my Adobe Account. You can see under platform that it says “Multiple”

To be sure you could try Adobe support to confirm how you can buy a licence for multiple platforms. You may need to start with the virtual assistant and then ask to be connected to a real person. Go to Contact Us – Start now, at the bottom of this page:

https://helpx.adobe.com/support.html

Nulktiple.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Many thanks, I will do so.

Here are the results for Amazon in France (my country)

Amazon in France  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 11, 2024 Apr 11, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Bugjoe , thanks for your question about purchasing a multiple-platform license for Photoshop Elements. My apologies, but we only offer single-platform licenses for Photoshop Elements 2024 at https://www.adobe.com/products/photoshop-elements.html?promoid=W6K8JLJC&mv=other

If you do purchase a multiple platform license for Elements from another vendor or marketplace, then please confirm their return policy. I would also recommend bookmarking https://helpx.adobe.com/download-install/kb/redemption-code-help.html for information about redeeming any codes that are provided.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Jeff for this official answer,

I understand, but I am very disappointed. This is a blocking point for me. I will check the competitors.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What a stupid policy Jeff. This restrictive practice should be reported to the EU authorities.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@99jon I don't believe Adobe has offered multi-platform licenses for Photoshop Elements or Premiere Elements directly for a number of years.

There may be resellers in the area that offer multiplatform licenses. The boxed version of Elements 2024 on the page referenced by @Bugjoe appears to be a multiplatform license since it lists PC/Mac, but again, I would recommend they confirm the return policy from the seller before purchasing in case the listing is in error.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 14, 2024 Apr 14, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello Friends,

I agree with both of you. This is a no sense policy, technically this is not challenging to provide PSE for the 2 platforms. I am having a look on the competitors and there isn't this problem.

And yes, the boxes in Amazon are not safe, you can read the comments and see a lot of complains because of missing or wrong licence. And of course Amazon is only the host of the sale and does not want to reimburse or intervene. It's just scandalous.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines