• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

PE 2024 EDITOR Wont open

New Here ,
Apr 08, 2024 Apr 08, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have been using PE 2024 for months. Today Editor won't open. ERROR : APP linked to Ipp Libraries.  Ver 2021.6  No DLL from list found.  ippcve9.dll (most suitable) Its been fine. What happened overnight and how to fix it?

TOPICS
Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 3 Correct answers

Community Beginner , Apr 10, 2024 Apr 10, 2024

I chatted with their support and they advised to follow the below steps, which worked for me.

Open >Properties for PE 2024 and change Compatibility mode to Windows 7

Then de-install and download this file:

https://download.adobe.com/pub/adobe/pse/24_0/PhotoshopElements_2024_LS30_win64_ESD.zip

Extract and install

Once installed, open Photoshop Elements and go to Photo Editor > Edit > Preferences > General > Application Updates. Then disable the automatic updates and enable the Remind me later option.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Explorer , May 14, 2024 May 14, 2024

Thanks Greg for the answer.

On this page, I don't really see where i can get a personalized help. (?)

However, i did find a page where you i can re-download PSE 2024.
But on this page, you can only download an installer and not the full version of PSE 2024.

In fact, the installer will download the latest version of PSE 2024 (and therefore the one affected by the bug we're concerned about).

To my great surprise, I find that this page states that:

"Elements 2024 will only support macOS 12 and 13 (13.4

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , Jun 21, 2024 Jun 21, 2024

@AnnieBleu15 thanks for confirming that the Elements 2024.3 update is now working for you.  I have also confirmed that my Windows machine has been updated.  To determine what version you have, go to Help>About Photoshop Elements.  The new update will show the following splash screen:

Ashampoo_Snap_Friday, June 21, 2024_9h59m41s.png 

If you have turned Automatic Updates off in Preferences, you should receive a notification that an update is available.  Otherwise, turn automatic updates back on again.  It may take a little while for the updat

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 127 Replies 127
Community Expert ,
Apr 08, 2024 Apr 08, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you have an older computer that is not compliant with the Elements 2024 required specifications?  Several users are reporting this issue and I have asked Adobe for a clarification of whether this was an unintended consequence of the recent update.  In the meantime, I suggest that you contact Adobe Support.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 18, 2024 Apr 18, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have an older Win10 computer which up until recently ran Elements 2024 just fine. Now it doesn’t but fortunately I kept Elements 2020 installed which is still running ok. On my newer high-end Win11 computer both Elements still run fine which does indicate to me an older hardware issue with the latest Elements 2024 update (I could be wrong however).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 09, 2024 Apr 09, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem. I've been using PE 2024 for months with the most recent Windows 10 version, and then suddenly today I can't open the Photo Editor. I get the error message "Error at loading of ippCV library" with these details: "Your application is dynamically linked with Intel(R) IPP libraries version 2021.6 (r0xbffe3c5b)
"No DLL from the list below is found on the system search path:
ippcvy8.dll (the most suitable for your CPU)
ippcvn8.dll (optional)
ippcvm7.dll (optional)
Please provide a path to at least one of them"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@mwdorsey, yes, this problem seems to have been generated by the latest update to Elements 2024.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem; can't load Photo Editor. It has been working and now isn't. What is the fix??

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same frustrating problem using windows 10 PE 2024

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem. Was working fine but when trying to use it today I get the error

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 27, 2024 Apr 27, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good to know it's not just me. I can't import new images which for me is disaster. Crash after crash in organiser. It may be reporting to Microsoft but someone tell Elements.  On my second desktop I've got a frozen copying window stuck on 12% and nothing seems to remove it. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Many users are having this problem.  I have made Adobe aware of it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm getting this same error message as of today, does anyone have a fix for this yet?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Me too.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 10, 2024 Apr 10, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I chatted with their support and they advised to follow the below steps, which worked for me.

Open >Properties for PE 2024 and change Compatibility mode to Windows 7

Then de-install and download this file:

https://download.adobe.com/pub/adobe/pse/24_0/PhotoshopElements_2024_LS30_win64_ESD.zip

Extract and install

Once installed, open Photoshop Elements and go to Photo Editor > Edit > Preferences > General > Application Updates. Then disable the automatic updates and enable the Remind me later option.

I also got his: Our team is working on a fix and it will be released by the end of this month. In the meantime, please refrain from updating the Elements application. You can ignore the update popup if it appears by pressing the Esc key. You can check the below link for any new updates released for Elements: https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop-elements/release-note/update.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For me it's also working. Many thanks for sharing this info!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It feels nice to finally share something and even better when useful

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Harry, how do I find Properties? Since Editor won't open, I opened Organizer. I don't see anything in any of the menu bar items for Properties. I found Edit>Preferences but didn't find Compatibility Mode. Aside from that, how will a change to Compatibility Mode survive deinstallation, and so why change the Mode before reinstalling? Thanks for your post.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Find the file that starts the application or the shortcut. Right click, then select Properties, and then Compatibility 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have skiped this step.

-I have de-installed PE

-than I have downloaded the ZIP-file

-than I have unpacked it & installed PE

-I could open PE editor after installing

-than go to Edit (Bearbeiten) > Properties (Voreinstellungen) > General (Allgemein) > Updates (Anwendungs-Updates) > De-select Auto-Update

For me it works. I get the message that updates are available when starting PE again, but You can click on "remind me later". Hopefully the isse will be solved with the next update, but currently it works (for me).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 04, 2024 Jun 04, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hooray - It works, txs

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have tried this and it worked great

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 11, 2024 Apr 11, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have done this, but it wants a serial number and I've already reedemed mine when I purchased it

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Alicia36674630dbbj said:  I have done this, but it wants a serial number and I've already reedemed mine when I purchased it

I suspect that you are referring to a redemption code that you converted to a serial number.

If you click on this link, it will take you to the products page of your account.  (You may have to sign in to access it.)  Your serial number will be listed there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have my serial number but it's stateing that it's invalid 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have gotten in, but now it says to install camera raw and everytime I try it says system requirements not met, and doesn't let me open anything, even when turing them to DNG 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It worked for me but will not let me edit DNG or RAW files, and when trying to install camera raw in says I don't meet system requirements. Has anyone else had this issue? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines