• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

PE 2024 EDITOR Wont open

New Here ,
Apr 08, 2024 Apr 08, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have been using PE 2024 for months. Today Editor won't open. ERROR : APP linked to Ipp Libraries.  Ver 2021.6  No DLL from list found.  ippcve9.dll (most suitable) Its been fine. What happened overnight and how to fix it?

TOPICS
Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 3 Correct answers

Community Beginner , Apr 10, 2024 Apr 10, 2024

I chatted with their support and they advised to follow the below steps, which worked for me.

Open >Properties for PE 2024 and change Compatibility mode to Windows 7

Then de-install and download this file:

https://download.adobe.com/pub/adobe/pse/24_0/PhotoshopElements_2024_LS30_win64_ESD.zip

Extract and install

Once installed, open Photoshop Elements and go to Photo Editor > Edit > Preferences > General > Application Updates. Then disable the automatic updates and enable the Remind me later option.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Explorer , May 14, 2024 May 14, 2024

Thanks Greg for the answer.

On this page, I don't really see where i can get a personalized help. (?)

However, i did find a page where you i can re-download PSE 2024.
But on this page, you can only download an installer and not the full version of PSE 2024.

In fact, the installer will download the latest version of PSE 2024 (and therefore the one affected by the bug we're concerned about).

To my great surprise, I find that this page states that:

"Elements 2024 will only support macOS 12 and 13 (13.4

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , Jun 21, 2024 Jun 21, 2024

@AnnieBleu15 thanks for confirming that the Elements 2024.3 update is now working for you.  I have also confirmed that my Windows machine has been updated.  To determine what version you have, go to Help>About Photoshop Elements.  The new update will show the following splash screen:

Ashampoo_Snap_Friday, June 21, 2024_9h59m41s.png 

If you have turned Automatic Updates off in Preferences, you should receive a notification that an update is available.  Otherwise, turn automatic updates back on again.  It may take a little while for the updat

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 127 Replies 127
Community Beginner ,
Apr 12, 2024 Apr 12, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

THANKS! I can start Photoshop Elements again! But now it's Camera Raw which shows an error preventing me from using it "GPU acceleration to edit photos". But I just reinstalled from the available version to get around the bug! My system configuration has not changed and my graphics performance is good! What can I do? with Windows 10

GPU config PSE.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same issue, it will not let me install camera raw!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks very much for providing a temporary solution to this problem.

A couple of things I don't understand: Where do I find "Open>Properties for PE2024"? I can only open Organizer and I didn't find that in there.

"Then de-install...." Do you mean to uninstall the existing faulty version? and then download the zip file?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 16, 2024 Apr 16, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there any update on when the fix update will be available? I too have the problem and haven't been able to use elements for the work that I need to get done. In addition, I am very reluctant to uninstall and reinstall an earlier version of the application. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 16, 2024 Apr 16, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, Harry. When I called Support, they asked me if I wanted support by phone or by chat. I said, whatever is fastest, and they sent me a page asking for "$1 to join and $55 per month." Ridiculous for a $100 program, especially when they apparently caused the problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 20, 2024 Apr 20, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Had the same problem. PSE worked for months, but today no more.

Thank you very much for your commitment and the guidance to restore the program.

I'm happy. It works again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 23, 2024 Apr 23, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You were told "Our team is working on a fix and it will be released by the end of this month." If I simply wait until the fix is available, any idea how that would be provided? Will I still need to go through the un-install and re-install at that time?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 24, 2024 Apr 24, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Harry, thanks for this! I had finally broken down this week and purchased PE 2024 (finally giving up my old PE 6.0!), and right away I ran into the same error problem that everyone else here has encountered. After your fix, I'm up and running. Thanks again! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 27, 2024 Apr 27, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you thank you ! My sanity is saved.  Work resumes and clients are served 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 30, 2024 Apr 30, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Would it be possible to have the same link but for MAC Version ? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 30, 2024 Apr 30, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Would it be possible to have the same link but for MAC Version ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 04, 2024 May 04, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Worked fine for me too.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 09, 2024 May 09, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I changed the compatibility to Windows 7, then tried to uninstall Photoshop Elements 2024. However I get an error message saying to close the program. According to program manager, nothing is open. But I can't uninstall PE 2024. Any suggestions?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 11, 2024 May 11, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Harry

I did exactly as you discribed - but without the "Open Properties for PE2024" because that is what cannot be seen.

Just de-installed the "badly" upgraded PE2024 and installed the PE2024 from your link. Make sure you have your PE2024 Serial number at hand.

This worked fine for me - I wait for an upgrade solution from Abobe.

Best regards Ronald

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 15, 2024 May 15, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any idea when a fix will be released for this: "Version 2024.3" perhaps?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 29, 2024 May 29, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for sharing. This was very usefull and PSE24 is now working again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 13, 2024 Jun 13, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I Followed the instructions but after starting Elements they want me to buy or put in a activation code. I don't have the activation code for that download. What now?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 15, 2024 Jun 15, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My Photoshop is not working i try uninstall and reinstall again but it did do anything I need help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 15, 2024 Jun 15, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I followed the directions, downloaded the ESD, installed. Now I can get into Elements 2024 but the thing crashes at random times and of course I have to restart and lose any edits I just made. These corporations who "update" their software without your consent and you wake one morning and software that worked for years fails with no recourse.

"Fixed In Previous Version" seems to now be their motto.

If users could only sue for loss of what amounts to millions of manhours, crippling some businesses, who depend on a reliable product that might change!!

Don't count it. The minute you sued they probably would cancel you!!

Corporations used to pride themselves on their product reliability and would bend over backwards in customer service but that all has disappeared when the Harvard MBA bean-counters took over and the creative, intelligent engineers, builders of the product, who actually knew something were pushed to the wayside and everything became "Bottom Line", "Stock Price" unbelievable mega-million CEO salaries the customer be damned.

This is nothing more than what Ayn Rand predicted in Atlas Shrugged. When the incompetent take control the machinery of Civilization begins to grind, to crumble.

Sent from Outlook<>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 16, 2024 Jun 16, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I followed the directions, downloaded the ESD, installed.

Now I can get into Elements 2024 but the thing crashes at random times and of course I have to restart and lose any edits I just made.

These corporations who "update" their software on your computer apparently without sufficient testing and actually without your consent and you wake one morning and software that worked for years fails with no recourse.

"Fixed In Previous Version" seems to now be their motto.

If users could only sue for loss of what amounts to millions of manhours, crippling some businesses, who depend on a reliable product that might change!!

Don't count it. The minute you sued they probably would cancel you!!

Corporations used to pride themselves on their product reliability and would bend over backwards in customer service but that all has disappeared when the Harvard MBA bean-counters took over and the creative, intelligent engineers, builders of the product, who actually knew something were pushed to the wayside and everything became "Bottom Line", "Stock Price" unbelievable mega-million CEO salaries the customer be damned.

This is nothing more than what Ayn Rand predicted in Atlas Shrugged. When the incompetent take control the machinery of Civilization begins to grind, to crumble.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 17, 2024 Jun 17, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe should be embarrassed, they impacted many users who no longer hold trust in their products. Surely I realized an apology to those who where impacted would not occur but to not even provide a courtesy notification to the impacted end users is truly unprofessional in my opinion. Only a community indirect post occurred about a "fix" by the end of April but the "fix" never happened. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 10, 2024 Apr 10, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Harry36641672it5z, thanks for posting this response from Adobe.  As I understand it, you have been given an opportunity to install the original program without the 2024.2 update (and advised not to accept the automatic updates).  That is good news.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, pretty much 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Harry36641672it5z and Andreas366032054j69 Did you have to enter your original serial number again after you installed the file you downloaded from Adobe and unzipped? If so, did you have to unregister your initial installation on your Adobe account first? Thanks much for all your efforts on behalf of the community of users!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have not removed it before, I just de-installed & re-installed PE and than I have used the serial number what is shown in my Adobe account.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines