• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photo Bin

New Here ,
Jul 31, 2023 Jul 31, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using PSE 2022 and I can't find a way to keep my Photo Bin always showing at the bottom of the screen.  In much earlier versions, I could do this and it's frustrating not being able to see everything at a glance instead of the additional step of clicking to open it and show the files.  I just want it to be static and not disappear.  It's so frustrating and I've had no luck changing a setting to make it always active.  Any help would be appreciated. 

TOPICS
Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Mentor ,
Jul 31, 2023 Jul 31, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is nothing you can do about it. You really shouldn't let 1 simple mouse click frustrate you- especially since there is nothing you can do with later versions to change it. 

You can't do it (keep the photobin open / automatically open) in newer versions.  What you talk about is just how the earlier versions were-- the photo bin was the only thing located at the bottom.

Below is a screenshot from pse10. The photobin is the only thing on the bottom in that version. 
2023-07-31_163749.png
Today's versions-- basically anything from pse14 forward the bottom is shared with other things.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 01, 2023 Aug 01, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh, the way it was...  I realize it's one click, and if I didn't learn PSE with the older versions I wouldn't know the difference.  I did like the visual of it always showing everything at a glance, but I don't want to purchase old versions so I'll deal with it.  I thought it was probably hopeless, thanks for taking the time to confirm what I knew but hoped was wrong.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

But wait, I do have a question.  I have an iMac, running Ventura on it, could I purchase PSE13 and load it on my Mac and keep this 2022 version on my computer as well.  That way for simple edits I could use the 13 and then use the 2022 for more complex edits.   I just don't know if that older version would be compatible with Ventura.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

MAC killed off support  for 32 bit programs with ventura.   That old version won't work on ventura.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 27, 2024 Jan 27, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Agreed!  It's annoying.  yeah, one click wouldn't be a big deal but it's 1 click for every photo and it adds up to many, many clicks.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,
Jan 27, 2024 Jan 27, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

When I open up a bunch of photos for a project I simply save the bin contents into an album that appears in Your Organizer.    You can go back anytime and select all the images in that album, and choose "open with photoshop elements editor" they then willo be open and appear in your photobin. 2024-01-27_103517.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines