• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop 2022 won't open in MacBook - get error code about "system requirement is Mac OS X version"

Community Beginner ,
Aug 07, 2022 Aug 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My Photoshop stopped opening about a month ago.  I have spent over 13 hours with Apple senior techs, Best Buy Geek Squad and my own research -- to no avail.  I have uninstalled PS, downloaded a new version and reinstalled PS 2022 multiple times over the last few weeks.  Again, this has not helped. 

The image below is what I see every time: "Adobe Photoshop cannot run on this computer because the minimum system requirement is Mac OS X version"

I have the latest Macbook with the latest version of Monterey 12.5.  The Photoshop problem began when I had version 12.4.  Updating my OS did not remedy the Photoshop problem.

I have the Apple M1 chip with 16 GB of RAM.  I believe I am running Rosetta 2, but who knows since it's not an app and not even the Apple tech can tell if I have it or not.

Please help fix this issue!  I am very frustrated and behind on my work since I generally use Photoshop almost every day.

Thank you.

Teresa

Screen Shot 2022-07-20 at 7.50.17 PM.png

TOPICS
Bug , Download and install , Mac , Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 29, 2022 Aug 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same problem and it is so frustrating... please let me know if you come up with a solution.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 31, 2022 Aug 31, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

unfortunarly i have the same propblem too

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 01, 2022 Sep 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just reporting I have the same issue.  I have an IMAC purchased 10/27/20 and the software is up to date.  macOS Monterey version 12.5.1  . I am running Adobe Photoshop Elments 2021.  When I luanch it brings a general window (home page)  with places to luanch organizier, photo editor, video editor.  When I click on editor I get the same message you get and then it does nothing.  When I click on Organizer it crashes I get a message it quite unexpectantly and that the message is being sent to apple.  

I worked with someone at Adobe that reinstalled my software and did a few other things but was unable to fix it.  He suggested I talk to Apple as he did not know what else to do.   When I talk to Apple they are telling me it is not their probelm.   I know I am not the only one with this probelem!!!   I believe this is fundementally connected to Apple updates to their operating system that now creates a conflict launching software purchased in 2021!  Both Adobe and Apple have let me down.  What is the solution?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I set a new user, loaded the Photoshop and Premier Elements there.  Photoshop works on the new user (not withstanding the usual, highly annoying incompatibilty issues.)

After countless hours on the phone with Apple, they say since Photoshop works "fine" on the new user, but not on my primary user account, the last resort is to wipe my entire laptop clean and reinstall everything on my primary user.   Yes, I will probably try that since I have some other glitches Apple cannot fix as individual items.

My solution for Adobe though is to change to Corel.  I've been fighting with my Mac and Adobe for years;  I've had enough. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You don't have to delete the whole device. Just copy or drag and drop the files to the new user and delete the "old" user that isn't working properly... it takes a lot less time and and it's easier to do... 

https://macresearch.org/how-to-transfer-files-from-one-mac-user-account-to-another/amp/

Thank you for the help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines