• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop effects

New Here ,
May 12, 2022 May 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have photoshop 2022.  When trying to add the artistic effects to my photo it just looks grayed out.  I read that I need to be in 8 bit channel, however it isn't allowing me to select this from the drop down menu.  How do I fix this?  

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Would you be able to post a screenshot of your full screen including what you see when you go to Image > Mode?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 13, 2022 May 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

63E9D939-028E-4387-BEA5-B99696C355C9.jpeg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1. 2AB9FA82-C403-439B-A5FA-871E51F8D0B2.jpeg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What bit depth are you using, and what color space? Is your file a  bitmap file?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I go to camera raw it say 8, however when I go to image>mode> 8 bit channel isn't an option to pick.  Says I'm in RGB color as well.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Go to Image > Mode > select RGB or Grayscale if you are in Bitmap mode to have more options available. It is best to work in RGB mode unless you really need to change to some other mode.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

AF51A908-F9BD-44F9-88C8-0926C50DA412.jpeg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Looks like your already in 8 bits/channel and your using photoshop elements 2022.

What happens when you click on one of the thumbnails in the Effects>Artistic panel?

ar.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

6545849D-B6B2-4124-812B-1E866902A572.jpeg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Moved to the Photoshop Elements forum, from the Photoshop forum.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you post a screenshot of what your seeing when you click on the Layers button?

layer.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

6C8FD17E-F89B-47DB-B7D0-FC6D65AC61C2.jpeg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you Delete the Artistic Effect layer by clicking on the Delete layer icon at the right top of the layers panel, then press Shift+Ctrl+Alt+E to copy the visible layers to a new layer on top and then try one of the Artistic Effects, does that make a difference?

ar1.jpgar2.jpgar3.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It didn't work.  Still just grayed out.  I also tried to flatten the imagine and that also didn't work.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If Jeff's suggestion doesn't work, try resetting the preferences file. Go to Edit>Preferences>General tab and click the Reset Preferences on next launch button.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, I tried that and also closed out the program and restarted my computer and it's still just grayed out.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tried any other images?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have, it does it to all of them.  SOOC (Nikon D5600), iPhone pictures, new blank documents formulated in photoshop, etc.  I'm stumped 😩

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What graphics card do you have?  Try updating your graphics driver from the driver's manufacturer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

7482A465-ADF6-4729-A836-C0B69350449C.jpeg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 14, 2022 May 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hmmm . . .  I have been able to reproduce the issue by applying an artistic effect to a blank image.

Snap_2022.05.14_8h26m16s_001.png

At this point, all I can suggest is to completely uninstall and reinstall the program.  On the uninstall, you will be asked whether you want your preferences to be deleted (I'm not sure of the exact wording).   You should answer yes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines