• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop Elelments 11 problem with rotating and printing a photo

Community Beginner ,
Feb 16, 2024 Feb 16, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been using Elements 11 for years and am very familiar with formatting and cropping photos and printing them.  However, recently after editing a photo, when ever I am in print mode and I choose a photo size to print, if I rotate it and move it on the page, it will crop the sides off when I print it out.  Is there a setting I need to change so this doesn't happen?  

Dyan Marie
TOPICS
Actions , How to , Problem or error , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 17, 2024 Feb 17, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1. After you have "edited" a photo, why do you have to move & rotate it? I don't access the print dialog until all manipulations are complete.

2. Do you crop/resize your photo to coincide with the size of your paper stock, e.g. photo 4x6" & paper 4x6"?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,
After I edit a photo, I complete the cropping, formatting as you mentioned.
It is just once I am in print dialog that my problem starts. I choose my printer, paper size, and then my photo size. I sell prints, so I might sell the same photo in different sizes. 5 x 7, 8 x 10, etc. That all goes fine. So, let’s say I’m selling a size 5 x 7 but I want to turn it and place it on the paper to make a greeting card. You rotate it and then un uncheck “centered” and set the distance you want it to be from the top and the left side, so it will print on the proper part of the paper, to enable the card stock to be folded. I’ve done this for years with no problems. But, I must have accidentally changed a setting. Because now after I rotate it and place it where I want, it doesn’t print the entire photo—it crops some off on the sides for some reason.
If I print my piece without rotating, it prints fine.
Any ideas?
Thanks so much.
Diane
Dyan Marie

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Diane,

I am not aware of a setting dedicated to fine-tuning placement in this context. Try resetting global preferences to default via the Edit menu in the Editor. Hopefully that will fix it for you.

To make greeting cards I use Greeting Cards Factory DeLuxe by Nova Development. The templates are precise, You will save on  ink & paper.

Greeting Card Factory Deluxe (novadevelopment.com)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 24, 2024 Feb 24, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think going back to default settings is the perfect answer, except when I followed your instructions, I never found anything called "global preferences".  That choice doesn't present itself in the menu in edit in the Editor.  I've searched for any way to reset to Default and can't seem to find it.

diane 

Dyan Marie

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"Global" is editorial license on my part,

Restore default preferences

Preference settings control how Photoshop Elements Editor displays images, cursors, and transparencies, saves files, uses plug‑ins and scratch disks, and so on. If the application exhibits unexpected behavior, the preferences file could be damaged. You can restore all preferences to their defaults.

NoteDeleting the preferences file is an action that cannot be undone.

Do one of the following:

• Press and hold Alt+Control+Shift (Mac: Option+Command+Shift) immediately after Photoshop Elements begins launching. Click Yes to delete the Adobe Photoshop Elements settings file.
  • Go to Edit > Preferences (Mac: Photoshop Elements > Preferences > General), click the Reset Preferences on next launch button, and then click OK. When you restart Adobe Photoshop Elements, all preferences are reset to default settings.

A new preferences file is created the next time you start Photoshop Elements Editor. For information on a specific preference option, search for the preference name in Help.

from here:

Preference file locations for Photoshop Elements and Premiere Elements

Votes

Translate

Translate

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nothing happens when I hold Alt Control Shift--I don't get a menu with the option to Delete Adobe Photoshop Elements settings file.  In fact nothing at all happens.  Is there a longer set of steps to take to get asked to Delete it?

Thanks so much for your patience!

Dyan Marie

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 25, 2024 Feb 25, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The directions are from Adobe. Two options are listed; I doubt that the option via the Edit menu is applicable to your old version of PSE.

Are you having any other problems with your computer? 

If you are so inclined, install the free 30-day trial of Photoshop Elements 2024. If that works on your machine, you will have the option to purchase the license subsequently.

Free Trial | Adobe Photoshop Elements 2024

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines