• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop Elements 19 not running smoothly

Explorer ,
Dec 02, 2018 Dec 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

About 3 years ago I moved Elements 11 from my old to my new iMac and it has never run smoothly. Recently I uninstalled all Adobe apps from the old computer, ran the Adobe Creative Cloud Cleaner Tool and installed the free trial version of Elements 19. It worked well with about 900 photos.

I have now uninstalled all Adobe apps, run the Adobe CC Cleaner Tool and bought and installed the regular price version of Elements 19 on the new computer. I did not want my Elements 11 catalogue to be imported into the new organiser. I wanted to start completely afresh importing photos from my Pictures folders. In “import” I chose “- - -new catalogue - - ”. My complete Elements 11 catalogue was imported (about 7000 images). The organiser is really jumpy, worse than Elements 11 was.

I do not know how this happened when I had deleted and uninstalled Elements 11 from my computer. What can I do to start with a brand new organisation using Ekements 19?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Dec 04, 2018 Dec 04, 2018

Hi,

Even when you uninstall the older Elements versions, their catalogs still remain on the machine (for the purpose of conversion to newer versions). You seem to have clicked Yes to the conversion prompt of catalog that comes on first launch of new version install.

You can start with new catalog. For this go to File menu> Manage catalogs> New.

In this catalog you can import fresh media using Import options.

Also check your watch folder settings are not set to automatic import. For this go to File m

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 04, 2018 Dec 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Even when you uninstall the older Elements versions, their catalogs still remain on the machine (for the purpose of conversion to newer versions). You seem to have clicked Yes to the conversion prompt of catalog that comes on first launch of new version install.

You can start with new catalog. For this go to File menu> Manage catalogs> New.

In this catalog you can import fresh media using Import options.

Also check your watch folder settings are not set to automatic import. For this go to File menu> Watch Folder and ensure that Notify Me option is selected here:

If you change settings here, please make sure to restart Organizer once.

Thanks

Arshla Jindal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 06, 2018 Dec 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks very much indeed. Actually just before your reply I went to online Adobe support. I think he did basically what you said but did not explain anything. The extra information from you is very useful and I will now also study the two most recent online Element guides. Again may thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines