• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop Elements 2018. Why is map/place for location not working?

Community Beginner ,
Dec 02, 2018 Dec 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am working from home and I am not working from a network. I cannot add a new place from the Places tag. All I get is a grey map with a message "Network connection is required to access the map". My internet connection is fine and uses fibre to the property.

Help and advice would be much appreciated.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 02, 2018 Dec 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have got the same problem!

Let us hope that Google not again has changed the Google maps API and that Adobe again needs a _very_ long time to provide an update of PSE. Because then, depending on how old the version of PSE is, one might not get any update at all.

Actually, I will not buy another version of PSE _again_. Three bought versions are enough!

Check out these threads for comparison:

Maps PSE 18

Elements Organizer 2019 with Mapbox not Google Maps

Re: Elements 13, Google Maps Not Displaying in Places View

BTW:

The error message in German would be "Karte ist momentan nicht verfügbar", translating to "map is currently not available".

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 04, 2018 Dec 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You may refer to following KB article : Map view does not load in Elements Organizer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 05, 2018 Dec 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's a fairly useless answer. Surely staff members would know that Photoshop Elements 2018 is Photoshop Elements 16, and the article refers to Elements Organizer 11, 12, 13 and 14?

Also, the article makes no mention whatsoever about what Adobe is doing to resolve the issue. I would suggest to add the option to add a location manually, which is then marked as "unverfied" and can be verified when the map is working again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 14, 2018 Dec 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've bought the 2018 version end of October. Are you suggesting i need to pay again after 1 month using the 2018 version?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 07, 2019 Jan 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree.  All users of the 2018 version should be given a free upgrade, especially as 2019 does not contain a great deal of new functionality

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 19, 2019 Jan 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same thing here. I bought the new 2018 version because my old version map didn't work anymore 6 months later I'm told i have to get a new version. what a load of crap. Can't get any person to give you any support which means they dont care they have your money already and they will get new customers that don't know their track record.

A good program otherwise,  but this really pisses me off..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 20, 2019 Jan 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi All,

Regarding Maps not loading issue, please reach out to support team. They might be able to help you.

Regards,

Saurabh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 07, 2019 Jan 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I still do not have an answer on my question i've asked in earlier post. Do you expect me to pay again for a app downloaded one month before you made the changes (i assume at the time i purchased you already knew the map would be gone)....?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 08, 2019 Jan 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey guys. I contacted Adobe Support in the meantime. Without too much trouble, I got my upgrade to 2019.

Kudos for that, Adobe Support!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 09, 2019 Jan 09, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi PeterH. how did you contact Adobe Support? I don't seem to be able to find any direct contact email/phone/chat ability.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe.com

choose support

log-in

then you have the option to contact via phone or chat

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 17, 2018 Dec 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I now have a free version of 2019. I received an email from Adobe:

"Greetings from Adobe Support.

We are contacting you in regards to the issue you are facing with maps view not loading in Adobe PhotoshopElements.

I am pleased to the inform you that we are providing you a free upgrade to the latest version of Photoshop Elements2019."

They have now done the right thing, in my view

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 22, 2018 Dec 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am now majorly pissed off.

The knowledge base article has been changed to read that I need to pay for an upgrade to get the bug fixed.

When I try to log the bug with Adobe, the only support option the web site offers me is this forum.

I think I'll have to tweet about this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

same problem here

Christmas present downloaded a week ago

I feel cheated

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe only sells Elements 2019. The 2018 version has not been sold since October last year.

Which version is your Christmas present for?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

the program was bought in a real shop (with a real door in from a real street)

In the package there was a DVD which was of no use because I have a Mac without discstation. Luckily there was also a link and a product code for downloading from the Adobe Website.  I used the link and the product code and had no problem with downloading the 2018 version from website......

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 16, 2019 Jan 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've got the same issue as the other posters. I purchased a copy of PSE2018 less than a year after having problems with the map feature on an earlier version. I though the "upgrade" (which was almost a full cost purchase anyway) would protect me from further problems.

Less than a year later Adobe expect me to upgrade yet again - the advertised cost of over £70 is being asked for again, less than a year later.

Personally, I think it's unacceptable and Adobe should be ashamed of themselves treating their loyal customers in this cavalier fashion.

Trying to speak to a real human is fruitless. 20 minutes listening to their garbage musak and nobody's home. They're all down the pub spending my hard earned cash...

What a joke this outfit is

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines