• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop Elements 2022 getting Error Code-16 in Mac M1 Version 12.4

Explorer ,
Jun 17, 2022 Jun 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Using Photoshop Elements 2022 with the March upgate.

On an Apple Mac Powerbook M1 Max, software 12.4

Elements stopped working this morning, showing Error Code-16. Asking me to remove my current software and reinstall Elements 2022 again.  How do I do this, without having to make another payments.  Grateful for help please?

Thank you.

{Title edited by Moderator}

TOPICS
Mac , Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 17, 2022 Jun 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Sorry about the Error Code- 16 in Photoshop Elements. We're here to help.

Would you mind sharing with us your AdobeID or email ID? Since when are you noticing this? Did it start happening after any system or application update? When do you get this error code message? Re-login to your Creative Cloud Application.
This error occurs when permissions to application folders (Adobe PCD and SLStore) are set incorrectly. Follow the instructions in this article to select the correct permissions for your macOS: https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/configuration-error.html#:~:text=When%20you%20launch%20a%2....

Let us know if this helps.

Thanks.

Ranjisha

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 22, 2022 Jun 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ranjisha Sengupta:

Still have issues with Photoshop-Elements 2022 on my computer not working - ERROR CODE 16. I followed your link and nothing needed changing. Please help further. PE not working since 17th June. Prior to this date no problems, I am at a loss on what to do now?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 18, 2022 Jun 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ranjisha:

Thank you for your kind reply.

My Abobe ID is: (Personal information removed by moderator

I had the upgrade in March for PE 2022 but nothing has changed or touched since. My operating software is macOS Monterey 12.4 on a Power Book Pro M1 Max.

Nothing has changed or being altered since the last Apple software update. All had been working well.

Thursday 16th June I opened up PE to get an error message “ Error 16” asking me to delete from my system and reinstall. The error message has continued since:

PLEASE NOTE: I do not use the software via Creative Cloud. I have the personal installed software on my computer. I don't know whether there is a difference between the two.

I have not followed the instruction link as this appears to be Creative Cloud. I would be grateful for your further help, as I miss my Photoshop Elements!

Thank you again

Mike

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 18, 2022 Jun 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To add to my previous message:

Using PE as a piece of software and not via Cretaive Cloud.  I followed the instructions but didn't need to make any changes. I have two files names SLStore_v1 ( dated 24 March 2011 ) + SLStore old ( dated 26 August 2015 ) I checked both and no changes were needed. Like wise for the read-write detail, nothing required changing. I saved and restarted the computer, I get the same error message.

Grateful for further assistance

Mike

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 21, 2022 Jun 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Grateful for further support please! PE is not workable at present.

Thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 28, 2022 Jun 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Sorry for the delay in response. You can go to the System Preferences of your Mac, then Security and Privacy, and select the Privacy tab. You can add Photoshop to the Accessibility list under the Privacy tab and grant permissions to Photoshop under Full disk access. Let us know if this helps. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines