• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop Elements 2023 crashes upon launch

New Here ,
Oct 04, 2022 Oct 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello.  I just purchased PSE 2023, and it consistently crashes during the latter part of installation and upon launch w/ the error log as attached.  Not sure why libraries would be missing.  I'm running MacOS 11.7, and I'd really prefer not to install MacOS 12. I had uninstalled a demo version of PSE 2020 prior to installing PSE 2023. I've also tried unistalling and re-installing PSE 2023.  Thanks in advance for any assistance. 

Screen Shot 2022-10-03 at 9.35.09 PM.png

TOPICS
Crash or freeze , Mac

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Mentor ,
Oct 05, 2022 Oct 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You only have two choices here, neither of which you will like:

1. Ask for a refund- pse 2023 requires a newer OS than what you have- it simply will not work with your OS.
2. Update your OS to the latest version.

Those are literally your only options without updatingyour OS.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the response.  I know that there have been issues w/ crashing upon launch w/ recent previous version of Adobe.  Is there a reason why Adobe says that PSE 2023 will run w/ MacOS 11, when it actually does not (or why you've stated it will only work w/ MacOS 12, when Adobe states otherwise)? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There may be ways to "get it to work", however, to to the best of my knowledge, there are no "offical" ways- it tends to be a "Workaournd" sort of deal. Lots of mac users hers that wil lgive you more definative answers, which may help you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Customer support has apparently seen my original message, and PSE 2023 is indeed NOT compatible w/ MacOS 12.  I'm starting the refund process, but the agent is asking for my account *password,* which seems very odd to me.... 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

the agent is asking for my account *password,* which seems very odd to me.... 

By @alsyli

That is odd. How did you contact support?

This is the proper way:

Make sure to sign in to your Adobe account first and allow popups on your browser. You may not be able to see the chat window if using a VPN.
https://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html?rghtup=autoOpen will automatically open the chat window.
Type "Agent" in the chat box to bypass the chatbot and be connected to a person.

You may also be able to contact Adobe by phone:
https://helpx.adobe.com/contact/phone.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 06, 2022 Oct 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I received 2 DMs providing me w/ a direct e-mail address for tech support.  

Also just realized I wrote that PSE is not compatible w/ MacOS 12; I meant to write that it's not compatible w/ Mac OS *11*.  Tech support claims PSE 2022 is compatible w/ MacOS 11.  We shall see....  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I received 2 DMs providing me w/ a direct e-mail address for tech support.  

By @alsyli

It is a scam.  Adobe doesn't do support via email.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah, I thought that was kind of weird.  Oh, wow.  I didn't give them the account password (of course), but they asked for the registration code (which I gave).  Argh!  I did end up getting a refund, but did I just give scammers a free copy of PSE 2023 (along w/ my e-mail)?  Yikes. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Meant to add that, after I told them multiple times that I wasn't going to give them my password (or create a temp password), I was finally told to use the chat function. 😛  Is Adobe support always this obtuse? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Could you please try uninstalling and reinstalling the application?

To Uninstall, please go to folder: "/Applications/Adobe Photoshop Elements 2023/Support Files" and use the 'Uninstall Adobe Photoshop Elements 2023" executable to uninstall.

After uninstall is complete, please ensure that all the Elements 2023 folders form inside 'Applications' folder are removed.

Once done, please reinstall.

Regards,

Vipin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As I wrote above, I had already un-installed and re-installed PSE 2023 several times.  The issue is that PSE 2023 doesn't work w/ MacOS 11, even though the website says that it is does.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, Vipin:

Please disregard my first response.  I was apparently fell for a scam! (see the above discussion)

So Photoshop Elements 2023 is supposed to be compatible w/ MacOS 11? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Yes, Photoshop Elements is expected to work with macOS 11.

Regards

Vipin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 21, 2023 Feb 21, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the exact same problem. Did you manage to make it work yet? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 21, 2023 Mar 21, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Sorry for the delay in responding.

No, I never got it worked out.  I was actually in communication w/ someone from Adobe about this late last year. I can't recall exactly what happened, but I think I got a refund.  Since PSE isn't vital for my work, I never followed up after that. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines