Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop Elements 6

New Here ,
Mar 17, 2021 Mar 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear sir,

I have just bought a second hand MacBook Pro 2015 and after having my Photoshop Elements 6 installed from the purchased CD on my previous MacBook Pro 2007. Because of the upgrades of the systems my new MacBook won't accept this older version. How can I upgrade and install a newer version without having to buy a new Photoshop? 

Yours sincerely 

Bjorn

TOPICS
Mac

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Mar 17, 2021 Mar 17, 2021

Bjorn,

PSEv.6 is no longer supported by Adobe. You will have to purchase the latest version of the software.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi , I've moved your post from the Photoshop forum to the Photoshop Elements forum where you are more likely to get help with your issue.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 02, 2021 Nov 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bonsoir et merci à vous,

cordialement

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Re bonsoir, je n'ai pas précisé qu'il s'agit d'une version Windows, cela change peut-être le problème ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bjorn,

PSEv.6 is no longer supported by Adobe. You will have to purchase the latest version of the software.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

merci à vous,

cordialement

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately, in your case there is no way to avoid upgrading to a newer photoshop elements version at a cost.

You can often find photoshop elements 2021 at your local retail store for cheaper than on the adobe website.

Apple made major changes to macOS Catalina and macOS Big Sur so they only run 64 bit software and not any older 32 bit software like your photoshop elements 6.

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT208436

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Merci et bonne soirée

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@defaulty54gioxe9qyb, the evolution of Windows and Mac is very different. However, Adobe will not currently support any version older than PSE 2021 so don't expect any official support.

I have seen an occassional report that Elements 6 can be successfully installed on a Windows 10 machine (presumably using some compatibility mode).  But that version is now 14 years old and is likely to have problems.  The oldest version I personally have on my Windows machine is PSE 10.  If you are able to do so, I strongly suggest that you upgrade to the latest version (if your computer meets the current specifications).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Merci pour votre réponse mais je n'ai aucun problème avec ce programme qui s'est installé correctement sur WIN10 (sans mode compatibilité). Le fichier language n'est pas sur le cd, je ne sais pas, par ailleurs, s'il en existe un. Je vais devoir faire des progrès en anglais

Bonne soirée

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines