• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop Elements organiser 2018 to 2021 catalog on a MAC

New Here ,
Jan 26, 2022 Jan 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am trying to move a catalog from 2018 to 2021 version both on a MAC - the catalog has approx 14,000 pictures in it. I have tried usign convert adn doign a full backup and restore as well - but when opening in the 2021 version it only shows 2 pictures.
I can see in teh bottom left corner of 2018 that it contains 14,000 items but the resotred`converted version only shows 2 - i expect there wil lbe soem differences, but not this many!
Also on 2021 after doign the convert or restore it says creating thumbnails but when finished even after restarting it still only shows 2.

Is there anything obviousl i may be doign incorrectly - what are the best steps to take to 'move' the catalog form one version to the other?

Thanks in advance.

TOPICS
How to , Mac , Organizer , Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 28, 2022 Jan 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi @Jon22841168d850 

There are two possiblities 

1. Check that medias are not hidden under View  => Media Types menu in EO. (photos,audios,videos and projects should be marked with correct symbol)

pradeep22877941h06h_0-1643373934515.png

also make sure that there is no hidden file

pradeep22877941h06h_1-1643374133079.png

2. May be your backup is not proper?

To check the smae, Navigate  to location where you have saved your  backup of  the catalog and check that all the medias are available under your backup folder (same number of medias should be present there aprart from some other files).

If there is any difference in that, it means that your backup has not been done properly, Please do the backup of entire catalog one more time and convert the same after restoring it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines