Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop Elements UI font too small on high-resolution display

New Here ,
Nov 13, 2013 Nov 13, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I have recently purchased a Dell XPS15 laptop with a QHD+ (3200x1800) display. The PC is running Windows 8.1. I have also purchased Photoshop Elements 12 to run on it.

With the display at the native resolution, it is necessary to have the "Change the size of all items" option in the display settings of Windows 8.1 set to "Larger", in order for the native Windows fonts and UI elements to be at a reasonable size. The laptop came with this option enabled by default.

However, disappointingly the UI font size in Photoshop Elements is way too small when the display is at the native resolution. The application is basically unusable.

I have tried setting the "Use system font" option in the General preferences, but this doesn't seem to help.

The only way I can get the Photoshop Elements UI font to a reasonable size, is by dropping the screen resolution (to say 1920x1080).

This seems like a terrible waste of a beautiful screen, particularly when my main reason for using the PC is for editing photos, and my photo management and editing software is preventing me exploiting the full resolution of the display.

I'd appreciate any help or suggestions.

Thanks.

TOPICS
Feature request

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Sep 30, 2014 Sep 30, 2014

I have this on my Lenovo Yoga Pro 2. In the store, the high resolution seemed so obviously great, but in practice, there is so much software that runs with serious GUI problems.

Has anyone yet tried PSE 13?? Supposed to cure this problem. (Picture editing software | Adobe Photoshop Elements 13 - Features search for DPI)

-kc

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,
Dec 20, 2013 Dec 20, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem.....Lenovo Yoga 2 Pro QHD+ 3200x1800. Please help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 21, 2014 May 21, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Totally frustrating!  I just purchased a Lenovo Yoga 2 Pro with the anticipation of utilizing Lightroom 5 to edit photos.  Unless I adjust my screen resolution to accommodate Lightroom, I can barely see any of the functions.  Adobe needs to fix this a.s.a.p.  This is ridiculous!  Remove the products from the shelf or at the very least, put a big disclaimer in the shopping cart.  It's hard to believe software companies as innovative as Adobe and Microsoft have yet to figure this debacle out.  As usual, the customer is on the losing end!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 20, 2015 Apr 20, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

SAME HERE!!!   What a waste   I say DONT BUY LIGHTROOM if they don't fix this annoying TINY TINY FONT   I reduced my resolution way down form what it should be and it's still a tiny menu and font interface.  Why not just give us optional font sizes - optional adjustments so we can READ the menus, menu boxes, and commands??????   I say keep buying and returning the product until they fix it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 20, 2013 Dec 20, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately there is no option in PSE to vhange the UI fonts (other than switching to System Font' in preferences. So traditionally changing the Windows display font size has been the only workaround, and even that can cause problems with individual menus disappearing and being replaced with a hard to spot  >> drop-down menu.

If you have a dual-display system you could have the menus on the lower resolution screen with images on the hi-res.

Cheers,
--
Neale
Insanity is hereditary, you get it from your children

If this post or another user's post resolves the original issue, please mark the posts as correct and/or helpful accordingly. This helps other users with similar trouble get answers to their questions quicker. Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 29, 2014 Jan 29, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear crew !! ..any news on that?? ..official fix??

I paid a lot of money for registrationkeys that are totally useless! I

3-4 months of workingtime to scale the fonts?? fix??

regards from Austria !

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 18, 2014 Feb 18, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same Problem here

Samsung Ativ Book Pro 9

Lightroom looks Great / Photoshop & Dreamweaver not.

How long will a fix take ? As i see the problem exists for quite a Time

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 04, 2014 Mar 04, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the exact same Problem.

Dell XPS15 laptop with a QHD+ (3200x1800) running Windows 8.1 and just purchased Photoshop Elements 12.

Any solution?

The program is very hard to use with the small menu font.

If there is no solution I will cancel the purchase.

Cheers

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 05, 2014 Mar 05, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i had a call last week with the cloud team. they said the team is working on a solution.

Yesterday the update for dreamweaver came and works on QHD Displays - so i´m looking forward that PS & PSE will follow soon

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 05, 2014 Mar 05, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the information.

That sounds promising.

Than I hope it will not take to long for the PS and PSE update which supports HiDPI displays.

Does an administrator here maybe know a time line?

I tried working yesterday with PSE on QHD+ display and it is just a pain.

Cheers

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 11, 2014 Mar 11, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

At the weekend I installed the Adobe Photoshop Elements 12.1 Update.

But it does not solved the high resolution problem (HiDPI displays).

I thing I have to look for an alternative. Any suggestions?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 11, 2014 Mar 11, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a Yoga 2 and have the same issue.  The program is only usable for the simplest of tasks.  Very irritating.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 01, 2014 Oct 01, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just installed photoshop on my Lenovo yoga and the same thing.

I am infuriated. I cant see the icons, and need the resolution for my photo editing!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 14, 2014 Mar 14, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also have this problem on Dell XPS 15.  Hopefully they will fix PSE to recognize this screen resolution soon.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 15, 2014 Mar 15, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I deactivated and uninstalled PSE today and installed the 30 day test version auf Lightroom.

Lightroom works fine with HiDPI displays, found so fare only two minor resolution problems, but nothing really annoying.

Now I wait for Adope to refund me PSE, before I purchase Lightroom.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 20, 2014 Mar 20, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So, I'm out.

I got PSE refunded and switched to Lightroom.

I got the information from Adobe, that HiDPI support is still not on the road map for PSE 12 and will be coming with PSE 13.

Cheers

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 12, 2014 Apr 12, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I cant believe this product is stil being sold! It is not fit for purpose anymore and without a well comunicated factoryfix timeline it should be removed from sale. this is very frustrating as a life long user of this product i now have to try to learn a brand new piece of software.. is Lightbox the general concensis on a valid alternative?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 20, 2014 Jun 20, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

just in case anyone at photoshop cares, I too got the Yoga last week  finally getting to set up and cant read the print!! Sameful there is no fix and a man landed on the moon HOW long ago???  I sure wil not upgrade to another adobe product for editing unless this is fixed PDQ...

Hello  is anyone at adobe working on this,?  You do not appear to be up to speed with technology...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 22, 2014 Jun 22, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a Dell XPS 27 hi-rez all in one decked out. Just up-dated to the NEW Photoshop CC 2014 and I can barely see the dam icons and texts as well! This is ridiculous! On top of that I have to now wait for all my plug ins to be updated so I can load them into the new Photoshop program!  I just had a shoot and had to run the old version to use them.This sucks...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 25, 2014 Jun 25, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I too, just bought a Yoga 2 Professional.  Love the machine, but I need a microscope to read the UI on Photoshop. Isn't this what Adobe does, make products to make digital content beautiful.  Why aren't they paying attention to this huge problem.  As an aside, Articulate Storyline has a similar problem, the UI is not quite as microscopic, but definitely difficult to use.  I hope this will be fixed soon.  In the meantime, I will use PowerPoint for my editing needs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 25, 2014 Jun 25, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After an angry e-mail I got a response! They have a fix ( UI and font) to mock it up to 200% AND it works! I can look up the instructions when I get home if anyone is interested.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 26, 2014 Jun 26, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Now its toward the end of June.. Does anyone have an elements fix that works?

Sent from Windows Mail

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 01, 2014 Jul 01, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Photoshop CC 2014 (NEW one) :Open Photoshop, edit, scroll down to preferences, experimental, check box to scale UI 200% and check touch box if you have a touch screen.

It worked for me but personally I would like the option to set the scale myself (say to 150%) but at least I can see things now. I don't have elements but I hope this helps, Mako.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 05, 2014 Aug 05, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That works perfectly for PS thanks very much! The option isn't there for any other program, I'm going blind looking at Premier Pro and AE. Any solution and I'd be forever in your debt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 11, 2015 Mar 11, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines