• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop Elements won't run on Apple Monterey 12.0.1

New Here ,
Nov 29, 2021 Nov 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I try to start Elements 21 on my MacBook Pro  with MacOS Monterey 12.0.1, I get the small information screen about the product and the spinning beachball.  All my other Adobe products work fine. 

TOPICS
Crash or freeze , Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Dec 20, 2021 Dec 20, 2021

Hello,

There is an update available for Elements 2022, which fixes the launch issue in E2022.

To Update Elements, Request you to please Launch and Close Elements Organizer and leave your system idle, depending on your interent connection speed - the update will be applied automatically and should fix the launch issue for PSE.

In case if the automatic update fails, Please install the update for E2022 manually from Elements Organizer.

Please refer to release notes for more details around E20

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner ,
Apr 06, 2022 Apr 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wow, I didn't even know you could put an OS on an external drive. Or how to boot from the external drive. lol. I'm gonna have to google how to do this,. Good to know that Elements 2021 works with Monterey. Thanks for letting us know

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 06, 2022 Apr 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i actually got tired of waiting for the updates and i was told to go back to the old version of os but not doing that either.   I did purchase 2022 , didn't want too since I had gotten 2021 less than a year ago.  But learning Affinity Designer and procreate instead of spending money year after year for new software.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 17, 2022 Jul 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have Photoshop Elements 2019. I have Mac Monterey 12.4. It was working fine, but then stopped suddenly. So, I thought a reinstall was in order. I had no updates that happened, so was confused about why it stopped working. Now I cannot reinstall it without getting what seems to be a very common message from the app..."

Your application install seems to be damaged, Please reinstall the application." 

I have downloaded and re-downloaded the program and tried to install 6 times with no results except that stupid message! Why??? All old app files were cleaned out and deleted, so that is not the issue! I hope someone can help. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,
Jul 18, 2022 Jul 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

PSE 2019 is not compatible with your OS.  Please stop getting frustrated about it- Please stop trying to get it to work, it won't ...there is literally nothing you can do about it.  PSE will not be updated to work with your OS. 

If you have it on  dvd you can throw them out- or hang them on your Christmas tree- that's what do with old blank cd's.

It (pse 2019) contained a bunch of 32bit compenents, and Apple killed off support for 32bit programs. 

PSE 2022 is compatible.

https://www.adobe.com/products/photoshop-elements/free-trial.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 25, 2022 Jul 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Apple came up with an update last week for Monterey and it seems to work fine so far.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines