• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop Elements won't run on Apple Monterey 12.0.1

New Here ,
Nov 29, 2021 Nov 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I try to start Elements 21 on my MacBook Pro  with MacOS Monterey 12.0.1, I get the small information screen about the product and the spinning beachball.  All my other Adobe products work fine. 

TOPICS
Crash or freeze , Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Dec 20, 2021 Dec 20, 2021

Hello,

There is an update available for Elements 2022, which fixes the launch issue in E2022.

To Update Elements, Request you to please Launch and Close Elements Organizer and leave your system idle, depending on your interent connection speed - the update will be applied automatically and should fix the launch issue for PSE.

In case if the automatic update fails, Please install the update for E2022 manually from Elements Organizer.

Please refer to release notes for more details around E20

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 01, 2021 Dec 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Adobe is actively working with Apple to resolve the issues with OS 12.0 Monterey. As we have more information, we will update the forums. Thank you for your patience.

Regards

Vipin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What he said in non corporate terms.... "There isn't jack you can do but wait".

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 06, 2021 Dec 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any update on this fix? It is still occurring as of Monday, December 6. I have to restart my computer every time I want to use Elements 2022.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 24, 2022 Mar 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's March 24, 2022.... the newest version of Photoshop Elements does not seem to be working in Mac OS 12.3 (Monterey). Almost all menu features are greyed out.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 25, 2022 Mar 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the headsup. I think I won't waste anymore $ on Elements

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 28, 2022 Mar 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Vipin - your message is from December 1st, but I dont see any update on the forums as you mentioned there would be...please advise?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 02, 2022 Apr 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks !  Any update?

Elements still refuses to launch with Monterey!!!

Glenn

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Although there is a workaround which I have been using myself and it works once in 2-3 tries for me without having to restart the machine, not sure it will work for you also.

You can try it and if it works, a confirmation would be helpful, so the other users facing this issue can also try.

1. Go to Applications folder, where Adobe Photoshop Elements is installed.

2. Open folder 'Adobe Photoshop Elements 2021' -> Support Files

3. Right click(control + click) on Adobe Photoshop Elements Editor -> Show package contents

4. Inside the content folder -> Go to MacOS folder

5. Inside the MacOS folder, there is an executable 'Adobe Photoshop Elements Editor'

Use this executable to launch the Editor, Wait for 3-4 mins.. if it does not work, close the opened terminal and try again. Once in 2-3 times it works for me.

Thanks,

Vipin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 18, 2021 Dec 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your tip does not work. 

(Tried many times)
It's nice to write that Adobe is actively working with Apple to solve this issue.
Meanwhile this problem has been known since late October and there is no communication from Adobe nor any solution in sight...
When will this problem be solved ?
(iMac 2019 - Monterey 12.1 with Intel processor and PSE 2021)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 12, 2022 Mar 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This works well for me. Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 16, 2022 Jul 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

didn't work for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 16, 2022 Jul 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I bought 2022 but when it quits no more this is a shame that 2021 only worked a year. Learning how to use other software.

Sent from my iPhone

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 19, 2021 Dec 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just installed 12.2 with hopes that PSE 21 would start normally.

It worked one time ONLY. Now I'm back to the old work-around.

Set PSE 21 as a program to be launched upon mac startup. This works for 90% of cold starts and restarts.

In settings under Users and Groups you can add Photoshop Elements to "Login Items" under "Thsese items will open automatically when you log in:" Photoshop Elements shows up as "Photoshop" 

This setting will cause PSE 21 to open when the machine is launched.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 20, 2021 Dec 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

There is an update available for Elements 2022, which fixes the launch issue in E2022.

To Update Elements, Request you to please Launch and Close Elements Organizer and leave your system idle, depending on your interent connection speed - the update will be applied automatically and should fix the launch issue for PSE.

In case if the automatic update fails, Please install the update for E2022 manually from Elements Organizer.

Please refer to release notes for more details around E2022.1 Update: https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop-elements/release-note/update.html

Regards,
Vipin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 29, 2021 Dec 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What about an update for Elements 2021?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Per the customer service rep I am communicating with 

We are sorry to say but there will not be any further updates for PSE 2021 as the new version is already released. As per the perpetual products policy, Older version do not get updates once a new version is released

You may wish to downgrade the computer to Big Sur , upgrade to 2022 or use it on a Windows machine

So no - they don't care about customers who are running Elements 2021

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the 411. So basically their versions last 2 years since I got mine at the beginning of 2020.. They want everyone to go subscription. 

I haven't updated my Mac to Monterey yet. I was waiting for the compatibility issue to be resolved because I needed to work on some images with deadlines. 

Now I have to rethink my whole workflow because I will update my iOS eventually. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't think they "want everyone to go subscription"---- everyone will, even with Photoshop Elements (which I predict will go subscription based in two years).  From a business standpoint, it doesn't seem to make any sense to provide software on hard media (such as a DVD) any more.  It's like when Netscape nasvigator came out- 6 floppies and $60.  Now- you just download whatever b rowser you want for free. 

Seems reasonable to me to only provide software updates, fuctionality updates, for 1 year from the time of purchase.     A big problem has been Apple killing off 32 bit software, and users of Photoshop Elements not reading the OS requirements before they made their purchase- yet they still want to blame Adobe after making a purchase that wasn't even stated to work on their OS (Monterey).   Many didn't bother downloading a trial version to see if it would work- they just bought it. 

I pay $10.84 a month for the cheapest plan for Photoshop.  I get all sorts of bells and whistles with it. It's always up to date.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jan 19, 2022 Jan 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe is just a money grubbing machine. Try other editors. Affinity is $50 and updates for new OSes. It's a learning curve, but Adobe is just deplorable at this point. Used to be a great company.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 25, 2022 Jan 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i agree i have used photoshop forever since it began.  Paid for the monthly subscription and not going to do it anymore.  Paid for elements less than a year ago and now it won't run.  Going to Affinity and procreate.  This sucks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jan 19, 2022 Jan 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Poster was asking about PSE 21.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 20, 2022 Jan 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This problem was posted in November of 2021, but the only working answer says "Buy PE2022". When I bought PE2021, the name implied it would work during 2021 at least; there was no warning that it would not last through the end of the year in its name.

This is SUPER slimy! I used to be a big fan of Adobe (I have bought dozens of licenses) but unless they change their support policies, I will stop using them and will encourage others to do so.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 24, 2022 Jan 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been using Elements since version 07. I'm currently on Elements 19 & would pay £50 for an update to 2022 that might work for say 3 years. I don't want to pay £10 a month, I don't use the software enough to make it worth it. A friend has suggested GIMP that he uses - free open source software. I've set it up & after berakfast will read a tutorial & try it out. This is very, very annoying as I have an urgent image to produce for a property purchase.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 06, 2022 Apr 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am confused, questions are wether Photoshop Elements 2021 is working in Monterey and answers are given referring to Elements 2022!

I am using Photoshop Elements 2021 on the BigSur Platform and have no problems. After hearing about problems with Elements 2021 running in Monterey, I did not update my Computer (Mac Mini M1) to Monterey until this February when I mounted Monterey on an external Harddrive (500 GB SSD) and therefore can run both Operating Systems. The first time I booted my Mac from the external SSD harddrive to run the Monterey OS, Elements 2021 immediately opened without my prompting and welcomed me to the introductory tour. I then proceeded to do some photo editing and printing to test the software and have consequently been running Photoshop Elements 2021 on Monterey ever since.

Please let me know if anyone has the same experience. I am by no means promoting Adobe, I had to switch to Photoshop Elements because my Photoshop 6 version will not run on anything higher macOS 10.14 Mojave and I will not buckle to Adobe's blackmail to pay a monthly fee to run their software (as a hobby).

Cheers, hwg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines