• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Plugins for PSE 2022

Community Beginner ,
Apr 11, 2022 Apr 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have just installed PSE 2022 and I am now trying to install more than one plugin. I used 3 plugins with PSE 2019 but 2022 only allows me to install one. If I attempt to add another I just get the last one that I am trying to install. Is there a way to install more thasn one plugin?

TOPICS
How to , Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Apr 13, 2022 Apr 13, 2022

It sounds like you are using the Preferences>Plug-ins>Additional Plug-in Folder checkbox:

Snap_2022.04.13_1h20m28s_007.png

If that is the case, then I can see why you are only able to use one plug-in (publisher) at a time.  Your plug-in installers should be putting the plug-ins into the default folder, which for Elements 2022 is found at:

C:\Program Files\Adobe\Photoshop Elements 2022\Plug-Ins.

Do you have any plug-in files or folders in that default location?  If your plug-installer did not place them in that location, you

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which plug-ins are you trying to install?  Can you tell us exactly what happens when you install the second plug-in. Based on what you have said so far, the problem seems to be with your plug-in setup file or how you are installing it.   Or are you simply copying the files between plug-in folders?

But to answer your question, there should be no problem installing three (or more) plug-ins. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Greg

With PSE 2019 I was able to use the Nik Collection and Skylum's Luminar Flex and Luminar AI all as plugins.

I can install any one of these but when I then try to add another that  just replaces the first rather  adding to it. I am not copying files between plugin folders; I wouldn't know how.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 12, 2022 Apr 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have made some progress. If I chose the Skylum folder as a plugin, I get all the Skylum programmes that I have purchased in the filters list. I even tried their new Neo as a plugin and it worked. However if I want to use the Nik Collection, when I choose this as a plug in I loose the Skylum stuff.

I purchased PSE2022 because if I updated to the latest update of Nik using 2019, it crashed the editor. Looks like I just purchased a different problem instead 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 13, 2022 Apr 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It sounds like you are using the Preferences>Plug-ins>Additional Plug-in Folder checkbox:

Snap_2022.04.13_1h20m28s_007.png

If that is the case, then I can see why you are only able to use one plug-in (publisher) at a time.  Your plug-in installers should be putting the plug-ins into the default folder, which for Elements 2022 is found at:

C:\Program Files\Adobe\Photoshop Elements 2022\Plug-Ins.

Do you have any plug-in files or folders in that default location?  If your plug-installer did not place them in that location, you can copy the plug-in files there - and they should all show up.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 13, 2022 Apr 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks Greg

That has done the trick. I am very grateful for your assistance.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines