• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Polygon tool not working at all!

Community Beginner ,
Oct 13, 2017 Oct 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I recently installed Elements 15 on my Windows 10 computer and the polygon tool is completely inoperative.  I see the icon on the image, but clicking the mouse does not create a line.  The tool is unresponsive everywhere on the image.  The lasso tool works just fine.  Any ideas?  Anybody else having this problem?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Dec 03, 2019 Dec 03, 2019

Actually in Elements 2020 is a similar problem. If you click, nothing will happen, no line, no circle at the symbol, nothing.

After trining to reset, Strg.-Alt.-Shift Start and deleting the preference file, I find out that the problem happens with a two monitor setup.
When I move Elements to the second screen (set as second screen in Windows) the Polygon Lasso will not work.

When I move Elements 2020 back to the main screen, it will work...

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A simple reset will often do the trick. Go to this link and select the tool:

Fix Tool

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried this, but the tool still doesn’t work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

https://forums.adobe.com/people/polygon+tool+not+working  wrote

I tried this, but the tool still doesn’t work.

Suggest that you reset preferences to default. To do that, on Expert tab, go to Edit>Preferences>General and look for this:

Preferences_2.JPG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What happens when you make your first click with the mouse? Do you see a small circle indicating that a selection patch has started? What happens when you move the mouse and click a second time?

If nothing changes try trashing the prefs by going to:

Edit >> Preferences >> General (from Adobe PSE Editor menu on mac)

Click the button to reset the pref settings on next launch. Then quit the Elements Editor and re-start.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I reset preference and restarted but the tool is still not working.  I see the polygon with an arrowhead but no small circle.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, I didn’t know about the “ALT” key trick. Interestingly, the tool works in that mode, but not in the straight line, polygon mode.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 03, 2019 Dec 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Actually in Elements 2020 is a similar problem. If you click, nothing will happen, no line, no circle at the symbol, nothing.

After trining to reset, Strg.-Alt.-Shift Start and deleting the preference file, I find out that the problem happens with a two monitor setup.
When I move Elements to the second screen (set as second screen in Windows) the Polygon Lasso will not work.

When I move Elements 2020 back to the main screen, it will work...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 20, 2019 Dec 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you @ChFl!

I've been pulling my hair out and never clued in that it could be the second monitor. I wonder why there's no support for that? Adobe...?

Much appreciate the post.

Cheers,

Lee

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 22, 2020 Feb 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After I reset the preferences the tool worked, but when I changed preferences to allow floating images it stopped working again. I think I'm going to download PE 2019 for my brand new computer that I'm trying to set up (with 2 monitors)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 23, 2021 Apr 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I may have stumbled on a work-around.

I maximized the Adobe window and then the lasso started working properly!

I minimized it and then it went back to not working. I then maximized the window and it was back working. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 27, 2021 Oct 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi there

I am using a wacom and the poly lasso tool will not select for me at all now. I recently updated to Big Sur and had no issues prior to this. For some reason when I use the trackpad on my laptop it is fine yet when trying to click with the Wacom pen nothing happens. Anyone experiencing this issue? It's driving me mad....help please

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines