• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Print 4x6 photos on 4x6 paper on Epson XP-15000

New Here ,
Sep 12, 2024 Sep 12, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just upgraded Epson printer from Artison 1430 to an XP-15000.  The printer's sheet bin has guides to position paper in only one position which is center of sheet bin.  With PSE 2024 selecting the proper printer Epson XP-15000 and then selecting proper paper size and document size and then printing - the printed photo comes out with the picture on most of the right side and about 3/4 of the length of the paper....so the left side and bottom of the 4x6 paper is blank.  Photoshop Elements 2024 is printing in the wrong place on this 4x6 paper.

This appears to be a compatibility problem (at the moment) between Epson and Adobe.  I have spent most of today with multiple phone calls to Epson support with the final comments from them that as far as they know the Epson drivers and printer is up to date and said I should contact Adobe.

Also of note, if I print to 4x6 paper using Windows 11 and it's photo app, it prints to the 4x6 paper perfectly.  Also of note, if I print on 8x10 paper in the new Epson XP-15000 printer, 5x7 and 8x10 photos print just fine and 4x6 also but of course, what a waste of good photo paper.

Any suggestions are appreciated and if there is a compatibility problem between Epson and Adobe, I problem need to send the new printer back to Amazon and search for a printer that hopefully will be compatible with adobe.

Thank you for any feedback.

TOPICS
Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 13, 2024 Sep 13, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I use WINDOWS 10 & PSE2024.. I have 2 Epson printers: WF-2530 & XP-4100. Both work without any issue. Photographs and greeting cards are centered properly. Before sending a photo to the printer, I make sure that the photo is cropped to the size of the paper, i.e. 4x6 photo for 4x6 paper. 5x7 photo will not work on 4x6 paper.

You may wish to check again on the Epson web site for any driver and/or firmware updates.

It would not hurt to reset preferences in PSE. Go to Edit>Preferences>General and click on the button to reset on next launch. Close PSE, and reboot.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 13, 2024 Sep 13, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a well known problem that Adobe has yet to fix.

The work-around is to print from PSE Editor.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 14, 2024 Sep 14, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I always print via the Editor. The print engines for Organizer and Editor are not the same. OP has not posted back and we don't know about this detail.                            

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 14, 2024 Sep 14, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I've tried the PSE Editor.  With the Organizer I imported a test photo and printed it on 4x6 paper.  It came out with a pretty big border.  I might try it again to see if borderless is an option.  I'm not happy having to import my photos into the Organizer (since I don't use the Organizer) to be able to print them in 4x6 format.  Extra steps.  My work around, until Adobe fixes the problem, is to make PSE adjustments as I want and then save them back to my Windows Picture folder in Max resolution.  Then print from Windows.  This works reasonably well but still extra steps.  If my old Epson Artison 1430 hadn't finally quit - I'd still be using it and Adobe PSE always printed 4x6 photos on 4x6 paper perfectly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines