Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Prints with annoying light blue background

Community Beginner ,
Dec 24, 2019 Dec 24, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everybody,

I hope somebody can help me with the following.

Since I bought a new printer a month ago (Epson ET-2650) everything I print via Photoshop Elements 2019 has a very light blue background. This happens even if in Elements the background is left transparent, so actualy no background at all.

Any ideas how to solve this.

Thanks in advance and Merry Xmas to you all.

Regards, Andy

TOPICS
Performance , Problem or error , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 3 Correct answers

Community Expert , Dec 24, 2019 Dec 24, 2019

"This happens even if in Elements the background is left transparent, so actualy no background at all."

1. You can't print a transparent background. Perhaps you mean transparency on your screen??
  2. Is this color cast apparent when you print via Editor and/or Organizer?
  3. Do you have the latest driver for your printer? Check on the Epson web site.
  4. Have you calibrated the monitor?
  5. What happens when you print from another application?
  6. In Editor, go to Image>Mode and be sure that RGB color is checked.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner , Dec 26, 2019 Dec 26, 2019

Thnx for your reply Hatstead.

1.You CAN print with no background, I did it before with my previous Epson Photo Stylus R800 pinter. When you look at the print you can clearly see that no ink is used on the transparent parts. I'll try to describe what I mean with transparent; creating a blank psd document with no background then including a layer that is smaller than the psd first created. This gives light blue where it should be white.

2. I don't print from organizer.

3. Yes latest driver.

4. Never n

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner , Dec 26, 2019 Dec 26, 2019

Thnx again.

Your nr 6 put me in the right direction. Mode was set to RGB. I now changed the item just below to (in dutch) "omzetten in Adobe RGB-profile" something to do with colour profile.

This solved my problem.

Great help Hatstead.

Andy

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Dec 24, 2019 Dec 24, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"This happens even if in Elements the background is left transparent, so actualy no background at all."

1. You can't print a transparent background. Perhaps you mean transparency on your screen??
  2. Is this color cast apparent when you print via Editor and/or Organizer?
  3. Do you have the latest driver for your printer? Check on the Epson web site.
  4. Have you calibrated the monitor?
  5. What happens when you print from another application?
  6. In Editor, go to Image>Mode and be sure that RGB color is checked.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 26, 2019 Dec 26, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thnx for your reply Hatstead.

1.You CAN print with no background, I did it before with my previous Epson Photo Stylus R800 pinter. When you look at the print you can clearly see that no ink is used on the transparent parts. I'll try to describe what I mean with transparent; creating a blank psd document with no background then including a layer that is smaller than the psd first created. This gives light blue where it should be white.

2. I don't print from organizer.

3. Yes latest driver.

4. Never needed to calibrate monitor. Complete transparent means no ink.

5. Ms word or anything else works perfect.

6. Cant check now but pretty sure of RGB.

Do you have any other ideas.

Regards, Andy

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thnx again.

Your nr 6 put me in the right direction. Mode was set to RGB. I now changed the item just below to (in dutch) "omzetten in Adobe RGB-profile" something to do with colour profile.

This solved my problem.

Great help Hatstead.

Andy

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 20, 2020 Jun 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What did you do to get rid of the light blue blackground. I am having the same issue, and it is super-important, for a project. It prints with light blue background. Where did you change the mode? Help please

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 04, 2020 Sep 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you change the mode in photoshop from RGB to LAB colour, then the blue background when printing to PDF Should disapear. Be careful and make sure you save your file before as this requires you to flatten the documennt so it then has no layers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 04, 2020 Sep 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@thomasd:

This is a Photoshop Elements forum.  Elements cannot use LAB files.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You're very welcome.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines