• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

problem with move/copy

Engaged ,
Jan 13, 2021 Jan 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having another problem with Photoshop Elements 2021. I clicked on the move/copy option. No matter if I selected Move or copy, and then clicked NEXT, there was nothing in the white box. No destinations to anything, just a blank white box. How am I supposed to move or copy anything with a blank box? I am using windows 10 with firefox.

TOPICS
Bug , Feature request , How to , Problem or error , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 13, 2021 Jan 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Are you talking about 'Copy/Move to removable drive' in Elements Organizer. This option will show the Removable drives attached to your system like Pendrive or an external harddisk. Was any external device attached to your system?

To move files on internal drive of your system, use 'Move' option in File Menu.

To copy files on internal drive of your system, select the files you need to copy, right click and choose Copy. Go to destination folder, right click and choose Paste.

Thanks,

Somya

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Jan 14, 2021 Jan 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You said, "select the files you need to copy, right click and choose Copy. Go to destination folder, right click and choose Paste." Please tell me what to right click on before I do "copy".   Will you also tell me how to make a destination folder?  I did not have an external drive attached. I have one but am not sure how to use it.  And if I'm going to copy files, where would I paste them to? And please let me add that what I needed to do was put a few photos in a folder and drag that folder to a Dropbox folder which I also don't know how to do. I would appreciate any  help, thank you.  ( I did not have the issue with previous versions of Photoshop Elements, just this one 2021. )

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Please follow below steps to copy files:

1. In media Grid, select the files, right click and select Copy

2. Now minimize Organizer, and go to the folder you want to copy the files it. It could be a folder on your desktop or somewhere. Open that folder from outside of organizer, and Press Ctrl+V

Files will get copied to this location.

Alternatively, you can also use 'Export' functionality of Organizer. For this:

1. Select the concerned files in Media view

2. Choose File->Export as new files

3. In the window which opens now, click on Browse and go to your desired location. It it could be folder on your desktop or somewhere

4. Click on Export

Files will get copied to this location.

Now, to upload this folder to Dropbox:

1. Sign in to dropbox.com.
  2. Click Upload.
  3. Click Upload folder.    
  4. select a folder and click Upload.

You can read instructions for dropbox upload at this link too: https://help.dropbox.com/files-folders/share/add-files

Please let me know if you face any issue while doing this.

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thank you for being so helpful but I have to again ask you to explain what do I right click on? ( In media Grid, select the files, right click and select Copy).  Now, I selected some files. I got to the point where they were to be exported to----I did see where I could select "new folder" I did that and gave it a name. When I went to export as new files to the desired location, the folder I named was not listed. I could not find it. Please tell me how to make a folder.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 19, 2021 Jan 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi,

I am asking you to right click in Grid.

Somya_Agarwal_0-1611057253802.png

Regarding Export, please read this article: https://helpx.adobe.com/in/elements-organizer/user-guide.html/in/elements-organizer/using/export-pho...

Let me know if this solves your issue.

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines