• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Problems to update Photoshop Elements 2020

New Here ,
Apr 21, 2020 Apr 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have installed Photoshop Elements 2020 in my Windows laptop. When I open the photo editor repeadetly comes a note of the need to update but I have never been able to go forward and update the program. When I try to update I get an error message saying 'You need a new application to be able to open this link (auphd). Look for the application in Microsoft Store'. This is totally useless message - I can't do anything to finish the update. Please, help me to update my program. This is very confusing.

Thank you in advance,

Desperate User

Screenshot:

Updating problem.jpg

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Apr 27, 2020 Apr 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Sorry that you keep getting an error message asking you update the newly installed application. It seems that you installed the app using an older setup. Would you mind reinstalling the application from the latest setup files https://helpx.adobe.com/in/download-install/kb/photoshop-elements-downloads.html and let us know if that helps?

Thanks,

Akash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 08, 2020 May 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am also having difficulties trying to download the application. I would like to try the application before it is purchased but I have tried for the past 8 hours and cannot get it to download. On first try I was asked to update the program but it has consistently failed.  I uninstalled and tried to reinstall from your link above but it is now saying "We are unable to install Adobe Potoshop Elements 2020 at this time" with error code 184. My Operating System is Windows 10.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 29, 2020 Apr 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Please try the following steps:

1. Navigate to "C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Adobe\Adobe Desktop Common\" and rename the "HDBox" folder to "oldHDBox".
  2. Re-install Photoshop Elements 2020.
  3. Now launch Photoshop Elements Editor and try to update the application.

Let us know how it goes for you.

Regards,

Medha

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 21, 2020 Jul 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I had to completely uninstall both Photoshop Elements 2020 and Premiere Elements 2020, download both from Adobe again, and changed the name of HDBox to oldHDBox per Medha's instructions.  I then reinstalled both and was able to successfully run the update when asked.  I am no longer getting the update notification and both seem to be running correctly.

As a side note, it would be helpful to have Photoshop Elements and Premiere Elements included in the Creative Cloud app and updated with the other Adobe apps. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines