• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Spezielle Community für Japanischsprachige
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Spezielle Community für Koreanischsprachige
Beenden

Problems with PSE 14, can't parse jpeg data and not enough ram memory?

Community-Einsteiger ,
May 23, 2018 May 23, 2018

Link in Zwischenablage kopieren

Kopiert

Never had a single problem with my PSE 14 until yesterday. It started after a Windows 10 update, which may or may not be a coincidence? I now can't open most files, it says it can't parse the jpeg data, and with the few files I can open it won't allow me to do even the most basic edit or save because it says there isn't enough ram memory. My business depends on me getting this sorted fast.

Now please I don't want techie speak answers that I can't understand, just plain basic English. Is it a problem with Windows 10, do I need to pursue that? Will it help to uninstall PSE 14 and re-install it? Is this a common problem with an easy fix for someone like me with little tech knowledge? Will updating to PSE 18 help?

So far I've tried the forums but can't understand a single word of answers to similar issues. We are not all techie nerds who live inside our computer hard drives, so please keep it simple

Zugriffe

Ãœbersetzen

Ãœbersetzen

Melden

Melden
Community-Richtlinien
Seien Sie freundlich und respektvoll, geben Sie die ursprüngliche Quelle der Inhalte an und suchen Sie vor dem Absenden Ihres Beitrags nach Duplikaten. Weitere Informationen
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Kopiert

johnloguk  wrote

Never had a single problem with my PSE 14 until yesterday. It started after a Windows 10 update, which may or may not be a coincidence? I now can't open most files, it says it can't parse the jpeg data, and with the few files I can open it won't allow me to do even the most basic edit or save because it says there isn't enough ram memory. My business depends on me getting this sorted fast.

Now please I don't want techie speak answers that I can't understand, just plain basic English. Is it a problem with Windows 10, do I need to pursue that? Will it help to uninstall PSE 14 and re-install it? Is this a common problem with an easy fix for someone like me with little tech knowledge? Will updating to PSE 18 help?

So far I've tried the forums but can't understand a single word of answers to similar issues. We are not all techie nerds who live inside our computer hard drives, so please keep it simple

Since there are already many posts about the issue and that you have found the workaround, your problem is to make it work, which means to edit the Windows registry. It's quite understandable that you don't want to take risks with that, but:

- there is no other way to solve the issue apart from going back to the previous Windows version, which is even more tricky and which can't last forever.

- updating to PSE2018 won't help, nor uninstall/reinstal.

- I am sure you'll find a friend or relative or even a nearby computer shop to do it for you.

The best description is in this post by ssprengel this morning:

Photoshop Elements 2018 memory problems - unable to edit and save files

Stimmen

Ãœbersetzen

Ãœbersetzen

Melden

Melden
Community-Richtlinien
Seien Sie freundlich und respektvoll, geben Sie die ursprüngliche Quelle der Inhalte an und suchen Sie vor dem Absenden Ihres Beitrags nach Duplikaten. Weitere Informationen
community guidelines
Community-Einsteiger ,

Kopiert

I haven't found a workaround at all, the only thing I can do is use my old PSE 5.0, but that won't edit raw files and obviously isn't as good as PSE14.

The solution you linked to applies to PSE 18 and involved an Adobe techie taking over the guy's computer, but they've already refused to help me saying that PSE 14 isn't covered by them anymore, which is pathetic at best. Ordinary people buy this stuff, not just techies, and we expect customer support, not being ignored for hours and then told they can't help Adobe are only interested in selling stuff these days, or chatting to fellow tech nerds. All I want is customer care, that isn't too much is it?

Stimmen

Ãœbersetzen

Ãœbersetzen

Melden

Melden
Community-Richtlinien
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Kopiert

Wrong ,The solution applies to all versions.

Yes, there is no support for old Elements versions from Adobe, especially when the problem lies with Microsoft and when it involves taking remote control over your computer. Even if you had the Adobe support for PSE2018, there would be no other way to solve the problem immediately.

So, my friendly advice as just another user:  be realistic and try to find some help with friends, relatives or nearby computer shops. The link I gave describes all the steps and does not imply you have to be an expert or 'techie'.

Stimmen

Ãœbersetzen

Ãœbersetzen

Melden

Melden
Community-Richtlinien
community guidelines
Community-Einsteiger ,

Kopiert

I thought I was being realistic by expecting Adobe to help, after all my version of PSE is hardly ancient, clearly I was wrong. I appreciate you at least taking the time to reply, but I expect more from a company after sales service. This is clearly a widespread problem, and yes it looks like it was caused by Microsoft rather than Adobe, but if it was my product I'd be a little bit more supportive to people who were struggling with it. It is a symptom of a company that has cornered the market and doesn't give a shit anymore, so it is no surprise that more and more photoshop type products are appearing every day. If I had more cash and more knowledge I'd drop Adobe right now, and I certainly will never again recommend their products to anyone. I've told them that in an official complaint, but had no reply and expect nothing else. Thanks again for at least making contact

Stimmen

Ãœbersetzen

Ãœbersetzen

Melden

Melden
Community-Richtlinien
community guidelines
Community-Einsteiger ,

Kopiert

I found what were supposed to be two separate solutions requiring a change my registry. I am not a techie so I was hesitant to try as the days keep slipping by with no solution to this problem from either Microsoft or Adobe which is frustrating in and of itself.

I finally worked up the courage to change my registry entries for PSE 14. I tried one method to change the registry with a new DWORD entry for OverridePhysidalMemoryMB with a value of 4000. I tried both hexadecimal and decimal for the values and neither worked. I still get a parsing error on opening JPEG photo, which all of my pictures are.

If anyone has successfully corrected this issue, please reply with a step by step process and the letter by letter value for all the text commands in REGEDIT.

I have thousands of JPEG images I now have no way to access.

Stimmen

Ãœbersetzen

Ãœbersetzen

Melden

Melden
Community-Richtlinien
community guidelines
Neu hier ,
May 28, 2018 May 28, 2018

Kopiert

I, too tried this remedy to the best of my technologically inept ability.  Problem still persists.  Someone please help; I have models eagerly awaiting photos.

Stimmen

Ãœbersetzen

Ãœbersetzen

Melden

Melden
Community-Richtlinien
community guidelines
Community-Einsteiger ,

Kopiert

petermcm, open up PSE and go to Help>System Info.  Check what line 9 says.  This is mine before and after applying the fix.

Before....Memory available to Photoshop Elements: 8 MB

After.......Memory available to Photoshop Elements: 3637 MB

Stimmen

Ãœbersetzen

Ãœbersetzen

Melden

Melden
Community-Richtlinien
community guidelines
Neu hier ,

Kopiert

Thanks,  Howard--I'm back in business!

Stimmen

Ãœbersetzen

Ãœbersetzen

Melden

Melden
Community-Richtlinien
community guidelines
Community-Einsteiger ,
May 30, 2018 May 30, 2018

Kopiert

That is great, Peter.  Maybe MS or Adobe will get their butt in gear and provide a fix for others that don't/can't change their registry.

Stimmen

Ãœbersetzen

Ãœbersetzen

Melden

Melden
Community-Richtlinien
community guidelines
Community-Einsteiger ,

Kopiert

Were can I find the fix to change the problem? Or were in regedit can I change it?

Stimmen

Ãœbersetzen

Ãœbersetzen

Melden

Melden
Community-Richtlinien
community guidelines
Neu hier ,

Kopiert

Yes please...where and how?  

Stimmen

Ãœbersetzen

Ãœbersetzen

Melden

Melden
Community-Richtlinien
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 31, 2018 May 31, 2018

Kopiert

The answer is in the second post. The forum is full of testimonies that the registry edit works for versions 14, 15 and 1208.

Stimmen

Ãœbersetzen

Ãœbersetzen

Melden

Melden
Community-Richtlinien
community guidelines
Neu hier ,
Jun 08, 2018 Jun 08, 2018

Kopiert

what was the fix? i am having the same issue

Stimmen

Ãœbersetzen

Ãœbersetzen

Melden

Melden
Community-Richtlinien
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 08, 2018 Jun 08, 2018

Kopiert

Click on the link in blue in dhananjays answer "this"

This will open

Error: An integer between 50 and 8 is required | Elements | Windows 10

Stimmen

Ãœbersetzen

Ãœbersetzen

Melden

Melden
Community-Richtlinien
community guidelines
Neu hier ,
Apr 25, 2019 Apr 25, 2019

Kopiert

Hi well tried this could not change anything what a load of rubbish that two giants cannot talk to each other to resolve this issue both are as bad as each other just interested in selling you monthly plans on products I don't want!!!!!!

Christopher

Stimmen

Ãœbersetzen

Ãœbersetzen

Melden

Melden
Community-Richtlinien
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 25, 2019 Apr 25, 2019

Kopiert

Have you followed the instructions exactly?

Stimmen

Ãœbersetzen

Ãœbersetzen

Melden

Melden
Community-Richtlinien
community guidelines
Neu hier ,
Apr 26, 2019 Apr 26, 2019

Kopiert

Hi Bob - can you send me the correct fix so at least I can try again, many thanks

Christopher

Stimmen

Ãœbersetzen

Ãœbersetzen

Melden

Melden
Community-Richtlinien
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 26, 2019 Apr 26, 2019

Kopiert

AKTUELL

https://forums.adobe.com/people/CK+DIY  wrote

Hi Bob - can you send me the correct fix

Here is the link:

Error: An integer between 50 and 8 is required | Elements | Windows 10

Read  this:

Note:

If you have installed Photoshop Elements from Windows App Store, then you will not have the above-mentioned folder structure. You must create the specified folder structure within HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\ folder in your registry. The Photoshop Elements version number depends on the product’s version installed on your system. For example, for 2018 the folder name should be 16.0, for version 15 the folder name should be 15.0, and for version 14 the folder name should be 14.0.

Stimmen

Ãœbersetzen

Ãœbersetzen

Melden

Melden
Community-Richtlinien
community guidelines
Neu hier ,

Kopiert

toujours aucune réponse de Adobe ou microsoft. cela montre le peu d'attention porté aux clients.

mon photoshop 14 ne fonctionne toujours pas, la solution proposée n'est valable que pour le  16

mon écran technique sur adobe photoshop 14 donne les infos suivantes

Adobe Photoshop Elements Version : 14.1 (20151206.m.83730)  x64

Système d'exploitation : Windows 10 64 bits

Version : 10Architecture du système : UC Intel Famille :6, modèle : 12, niveau : 3 avec MMX, SSE Entier, SSE FP, SSE2, SSE3, SSE4.1, SSE4.2, AVX, AVX2, HyperThreading

Nombre de processeurs physiques : 2

Nombre de processeurs logiques : 4

Vitesse du processeur : 3193 MHz

Mémoire intégrée : 4022 Mo

Mémoire libre : 485 Mo

Mémoire disponible pour Photoshop Elements : 8 MB

Mémoire utilisée par Photoshop Elements : 100 %

Taille de la mosaïque d'images : 128K

Niveaux de mémoire cache de l'image : 6

Aperçu de la police : Moyenne

Compositeur de texte : Latin

Affichage : 1

Limites d'affichage : haut = 0, gauche = 0, bas = 1080, droite = 1920

Dessin OpenGL : Désactivé.

ée pour photoshop 16 ne peut s'appliquer

mon écran de contrôle Adobe Photoshop donne les informations suivantes

Stimmen

Ãœbersetzen

Ãœbersetzen

Melden

Melden
Community-Richtlinien
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Kopiert

La solution marche aussi bien pour PSE14 et 15 que 2018. Voir les nombreux posts attestant la réussite de la solution dans ce forum.

Stimmen

Ãœbersetzen

Ãœbersetzen

Melden

Melden
Community-Richtlinien
community guidelines
Adobe-Mitarbeiter ,

Kopiert

Hi johnloguk,

Thanks for posting in Adobe Forums.

It seems you are facing performance issue with Adobe Photoshop Elements.

Please read & follow this article .

Hope this helps.

Thanks

Regards

Dhananjay

Stimmen

Ãœbersetzen

Ãœbersetzen

Melden

Melden
Community-Richtlinien
community guidelines
Neu hier ,
Jun 11, 2018 Jun 11, 2018

Kopiert

I'm having the exact same problem, but in Photoshop CC, not in Elements. And like the OP, everything worked fine until recently.

Stimmen

Ãœbersetzen

Ãœbersetzen

Melden

Melden
Community-Richtlinien
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 11, 2018 Jun 11, 2018

Kopiert

evennote  wrote

I'm having the exact same problem, but in Photoshop CC, not in Elements. And like the OP, everything worked fine until recently.

Yes, the same problem is present with Photoshop CC:

Feedback forum:

Photoshop Family Customer Community

Photoshop forum

Photoshop 2018 Memory Issue

Same solution :

Error while accessing performance preferences - 'An integer between 96 and 8 is required.'

A fix is programmed for the next Photoshop update. Nothing like this for Elements .

Stimmen

Ãœbersetzen

Ãœbersetzen

Melden

Melden
Community-Richtlinien
community guidelines