• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

PS Elements activation on MacOS Catalina.

New Here ,
Oct 04, 2020 Oct 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having paid for and downloaded PS Elements on my iMac (Catalina), the activation code is not accepted. The message says it's invalid. After contacting chat, I disabled anti-virus and firewall, amended 'Hosts', installed Chrome, uninstalled and reinstalled PS to no avail. 

I get the feeling I'm not the only one to suffer from this. Does anyone have other clues as to how I can get 'activated'?

Also awaiting an answer from support.

Many thanks.

Billio

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1st, do you mean activation code (which may be a combination of letters and numbers) or a serial number which is 6 groups of 4 numbers?

DO NOT POST YOUR NUMBER IN A PUBLIC FORUM

Redemption Code to get serial number https://redeem.licenses.adobe.com/getserial

2nd, which version of Photoshop Elements?

Earlier versions will not work with Catalina

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 05, 2020 Oct 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello John

I've purchased PS Elements 2020 for Mac.

The number I'm using is 6 groups of 4 numbers, starting 1057... which I'm asked to insert after downloading.

Am I doing something wrong, or is there another set of numbers I should be using?

Many thanks.

Bill

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

From whom did you purchase PS Elements 2020?  If you bought it directly from Adobe, your serial number is in your account portal. 

https://account.adobe.com/products

Otherwise, contact the vendor who sold it to you.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Nancy

I bought it from Adobe direct, have tried to use the serial number but it says it’s an invalid number.

The order number is: #ADB135178158UK

I have received advice from live chat and tried all the information given but I still cannot activate.

I have done the following:

Cleared the Hosts program of all text without a ‘hash’ symbol before it.
Disabled both antivirus and firewall
Downloaded Chrome
Uninstalled and reinstalled PS Elements using the new link provided via Chrome

My system is: MacOS Catalina 10.15.7
Safari browser.

What else can I do?

Please advise.

Many thanks.

Bill

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Get a Windows 10 PC!  🙂

--
Walter in Davie, FL

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is it possible that you accidentally ordered the Windows version of Photoshop Elements 2020? You can't use that on a Mac. Check your receipt.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 06, 2020 Oct 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello

The receipt I have does not specify Mac/Windows. When you click on start dowload, you get a choice of either Mac or Windows.

I've chosen the MacOS .dmg file.

I hope for a response from Adobe soon!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 06, 2020 Oct 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You will not get a response from Adobe because this is a community forum to share with fellow users. Anyone who claims to be from Adobe and sends a private message is a scammer! To hear from Adobe you must contact them by Chat or Phone.

I am pretty sure you MUST choose between Mac and Windows when you purchase, whatever the receipt says. I took this screen shot just now:

Untitled.png

With luck, Adobe will be able to see you never installed it and will be prepared to swap it. But contact them to find out. (PS: the situation for platform with Elements is complicated; the version sold in stores will run on either Mac or Windows, presumably to save shelf space).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try creating a new computer user profile with administrative level permissions.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines