• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

PSD text effects Templates in Photoshop elements

Community Beginner ,
Feb 12, 2021 Feb 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am trying to use Text Effect PSD templates in photoshop elements 2021 but I can's seem to make them work. Does anyone have any guides on this? Is it even possible to use this type of text effect in Elements?

Thanks

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Where are the templates from?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

They are just psd text effects files that I downloaded from the Internet.

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What effect are you trying to apply?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you post a link to one of them?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try “psfiles.com” to get free psd text effects downloads.

Sent from my iPad

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The templates I saw were for Photoshop, not Photoshop Elements.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I thought that since they were psd files, and Elements can open psd files , then they should be able to be used in Elements.

Sent from my iPad

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,
Feb 13, 2021 Feb 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lots of things that say "photoshop" work just fine in PSE.   Brushes for example... ABR files work just fine- the ABR file doesn't care what program it's in.

Same goes for shape files---

Text effect templates work too- for the most part.   Big issues ares missing fonts, and missing effects.   You download a tempalte, and some font's in the template are missing, or an effect in Phtoshop (ambient lighting for one) is missing (nothing you can do about that)  ( just note the fonts that ae missing and download them).

Nothing magical about text effect downloads:  Some are simply messy- not very organized, while others are pretty simple to edit.   The biggest concern, I think, may be the grouping and ungrouping of layers.

I literally will turn layers off, one at a time, and see what happens on the screen.  Adjusment layers seem to be the biggest thing that confuses people- many simply seem to do nothing if you turn them on or off.  I am convinced that most of the free text effect downloads are "works in progress" and often will contain things that simply are not set up very well.   

There also is nothing magical about editing thext effect downloads-

You really have to understand the grouping and ungrouping layers, and realize yo uaretaking chances:   A text layer in photoshop with 3D extrusion applied to it just won't work in PSE- along with Ambient lighting effects- those are things that are in Photoshop, but not PSE, so they won't work in PSE.

I've donwloaded some text effects in the past and have come to the conclusion, for me anyway, not to mess with them, simply becouase many can only be described as "a hot mess". 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A text effect (that said "photoshop" I downloaded... nothing really mysterious about it2021-02-13_035635.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Which specific template are you having problems with?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines