• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

PSD Thumbnails Not Visable

New Here ,
Aug 19, 2017 Aug 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Its annoying that when i do in Photoshop a File>Open, i cant see thumbnails for a variety of file types but none for Photoshop.

Why isnt my Photoshop 12 not able to see/present its thumbnails for the files it created?

I recall that I was able to use Bridge. But I uninstalled all the old software when i upgraded to PS12

thank you.

TOPICS
Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Aug 20, 2017 Aug 20, 2017

You have Photoshop Elements, not Photoshop CS or CC. I've moved this discussion to the Elements forum.

When you call up File > Open, you call up an abbreviated version of the Windows File manager, aka Explorer.

Windows does not natively render PSD thumbnails. You need third party software for that, free or paid.

This thread should list the options. Viewing PSD thumbnails...

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Aug 21, 2017 Aug 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

databaseben  wrote

how-everrrrrr, i am not sure why we dont have the simple option to enable the organizer via menu>file>organizer instead of file>open>windowsexplorer?

The organizer is like the 'library' module of Lightroom.

This toolkit is there to work together with the Explorer (or Mac Finder) to manage your media files. It's not an option of the menu 'File' in the editor, it's the necessary starting environment from where you manage your files and above all, from where you open your files. You can see it as a software layer over the Explorer and offering a lot of additional features.

The radical change of mind is to understand that in both organizer and Lightroom, all the power you have is based on catalogs (themselves based on databases ). You manage files that you have necessarily 'imported', that is referenced/indexed in a database.

The organizer offers about the same functions as the explorer to manage files, like creating folders, moving, renaming etc. Its power is that all the information it gathers from the exif of the files or from your own tagging is indexed and available without reading the files themselves. I suppose I don't need to stress the advantages of databases...

Elements Organizer Help | Elements Organizer User Guide

When you have time, you can download the full pdf guide:

https://helpx.adobe.com/pdf/photoshop-elements_reference.pdf

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

thanks for the explanation !!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

MichelBParis  wrote

gener7   wrote

Bridge is free only for the Creative Suite/Creative Cloud Adobe products. You can download it, but you need one of those to activate it.

Read this.

It’s True: Adobe Bridge CC Is Completely Free for Everyone, for Life! | ProDesignTools

Search | Photoshop Elements & More

Interesting. then the "qualifying product" message I was getting had to do with Adobe Camera Raw. It can be installed with Bridge, but will not edit raw files without Photoshop.

Otherwise nice to know it can definitely be used standalone.

Gene

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

gener7  wrote

MichelBParis   wrote

gener7    wrote

Bridge is free only for the Creative Suite/Creative Cloud Adobe products. You can download it, but you need one of those to activate it.

Read this.

It’s True: Adobe Bridge CC Is Completely Free for Everyone, for Life! | ProDesignTools

Search | Photoshop Elements & More

Interesting. then the "qualifying product" message I was getting had to do with Adobe Camera Raw. It can be installed with Bridge, but will not edit raw files without Photoshop.

Otherwise nice to know it can definitely be used standalone.

Gene

As a matter of fact, the qualifying product may be Elements, but it only enables the limited ACR functions of Elements (limited, but everything I need for my own use). In the other discussion, we had hoped Bridge would enable the full ACR, but it does not.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,
Aug 20, 2017 Aug 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you want to see psd thumbnails in Windows Explorer the Fastpictureviewer Codec works well but it's not free:

FastPictureViewer Codec Pack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 20, 2017 Aug 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thanks for the suggestion about that codec package.  i will see about it or maybe upgrading to different adobe photoshopy software !

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines