• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

PSE 11 not working after Windows 10 update

New Here ,
Jul 12, 2017 Jul 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well I have just spent the best part of 3 hours of my life on the online customer support team and getting nowhere really slowly.

The problem I have is that PSE 11 has stopped working as it should after the latest Windows 10 update. PSE 11 opens fine but when I click on the menu bar for the drop down menus they are completely blank. I have gone through the rigmarole of removing and re-installing the software from the ADOBE website and still the problem is not solved. I am at my wits end now so any help would be appreciated.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Two ideas that MAY work to install and/or run old programs in Windows 10

-RIGHT click the program icon or EXE and select a compatibility mode in the pop up option window

-or Run as Administrator http://forums.adobe.com/thread/969395 to assign FULL Windows permissions may help... says Encore, but sometimes required for ALL Adobe programs (this is NOT the same as using an Administrator account)

Owners of old programs simply have problems with Windows 10... none of which is Adobe's fault... Adobe did not change your old program to make it stop working... Microsoft changed their operating system and THAT is why your old program won't work, not because of anything Adobe did... Also... every time Microsoft issues a Win10 update, there is the risk that an old program that HAS been working after the initial Win10 upgrade will STOP working... bottom line, old programs require a matching old operating system

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the info John, now for an embarassing moment for me. As I went to shut down my PC there was yet another Windows 10 update which I did and restarted the PC and miraculously PSE 11 started work. Maube it's time to upgrade Adobe as like you said ir's not the fault of Adobe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 13, 2017 Jul 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i have exactly the same Problem. recommended solution doesn't help.

do i Need to upgrade to Elements 15???

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 13, 2017 Jul 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had another Windows 10 upgrade and that seems to have cured the problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 24, 2017 Aug 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also have a problem, I can open it, but then the menu bar open opens part.  I cant read anything on the menu bar.  Is there any fix

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 10, 2018 Sep 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

PSE does not work since an update of W10.

PSE opens very slowly, opening a JPEG takes more than a minute.

If I want to see the histogram: PSE15 is closed.

Updates to camera raw 9.10 OK.

Sometimes  I see the  remark "too little ram memory"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 10, 2018 Sep 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 11, 2018 Sep 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

A registryfix works fine for me

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines