• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

PSE 2020 won't work with Mac Monterey?

Participant ,
Jan 18, 2022 Jan 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've read that if I update my Mac to Monterey from Big Sur, my Photoshop Elements 2020 will no longer work. Do I really have to buy a new Elements program ($100) every couple of years? Other standalone editors (Affinity, $50) just update their programs when Mac releases new OSes.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 21, 2022 Jan 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

There is a known issue in macOS 12 that is causing some issues in earlier versions of Photoshop Elements (versions 2021 and older) and is being actively investigated by Apple at this time. We'll share more updates on the Photoshop Elements community in due course of time. Thank you for your patience.

Regards,

Medha Sharma

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jan 21, 2022 Jan 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you. That's the clearest thing I have read about this. The Adobe support pages basically say "we don't support it"--which sounds like, "it won't work, and you'd better buy the latest version."  It is important to us customers to know whether, and when, we can update our computers to a new operating system. It is my understanding that Monterey is not significantly different than Big Sur. Also, I have an Intel machine. How does that factor in? These are answers that should be in the Adobe support pages.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 28, 2022 Jan 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello,

Having an Intel machine won't make any difference as it's the operating system that's resulting in the issues being faced by the users. We understand the gravity of the situation and we're constantly working with Apple to remedy things. Thanks for sharing the feedback about support pages, I'll pass this on to the concerned team.

A user has shared some steps that seem to have worked for him. You can give this a shot and see if it helps you as well.

https://community.adobe.com/t5/photoshop-elements-discussions/photoshop-elements-editor-2021-freezes...

Regards,

Medha Sharma

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines