• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

PSE 2024 keeps say an error occurred in the Organizer and needs to close, but it doesn't

Community Beginner ,
Nov 08, 2023 Nov 08, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Every time I open the Organizer in PSE 24, it shows a dialog box saying, “Elements Organizer has encountered a problem and needs to close”.  It allows me to send a report.  The first few times, I put in an explanation of what happened (nothing happened) and included my email address.  I got tired of that, so now I leave the message box blank but send the report.  The strange thing is that the program never closes, and it seems to work fine.  Even though the program works, these constant false error messages are very annoying.  How do I get them to stop?

Here is the system info generated by the program:

Elements Organizer 24.0.0.0
Core Version: 24.0 (20230922.Git.master.31442ae)
Language Version: 24.0 (20230922.Git.master.31442ae)

Current Catalog:
Catalog Name: ...
Catalog Location: ...
Catalog Size: 11.1MB
Catalog Cache Size: 109.8MB

System:
Operating System Name: Windows 10
Operating System Version: 10.0
System Architecture: Intel CPU Family:6 Model:7 Stepping:2 with MMX, SSE Integer, SSE FP, SSE2
Built-in Memory: 47.7GB
Free Memory: 33.6GB

This looks correct except that I’m running Windows 11, not 10.  That’s another error the programmers should address.

Bill

TOPICS
Organizer , Problem or error , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Nov 09, 2023 Nov 09, 2023

Bill, I believe this problem is catalog-specific.   If you have some time, can you do the following:

• Go to File>Manage Catalogs and create a new catalog. 
  • Open the new empty catalog.
  • Dismiss the crash reporter if it is still open from your existing catalog.
  • Close the Organizer.
  • Launch the Organizer and confirm that the new empty catalog is loaded.  If not, close the Organizer and relaunch with the Shift key pressed.  This will open the Catalog Manager.  Select the empty catalog and open it.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Nov 09, 2023 Nov 09, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have also also experienced the problem with both Elements 2023 and 2024.  Adobe is aware of the issue and is investigating it.  For me, the problem was random and has stopped with version 2024. But it is consistent and continues with version 2023. 

Does the program continue to work after you send the Adobe Crash  Reporter?  For me, it crashes immediately upon sending the report. I therefore move the crash report dialog off the screen until I have finished working with the program. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The program continues without problems after I send the error report.  It's just annoying and confusing that the error message comes up every time I run PSE24 Organizer.

Am I the only one with this problem?  What makes my situation different from all the people who don't experience this problem?  I assume that if this was a common problem, the programmers would have fixed it by now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bill, I believe this problem is catalog-specific.   If you have some time, can you do the following:

• Go to File>Manage Catalogs and create a new catalog. 
  • Open the new empty catalog.
  • Dismiss the crash reporter if it is still open from your existing catalog.
  • Close the Organizer.
  • Launch the Organizer and confirm that the new empty catalog is loaded.  If not, close the Organizer and relaunch with the Shift key pressed.  This will open the Catalog Manager.  Select the empty catalog and open it.

Does the Adobe crash reporter still appear?  I will notify Adobe of your result (if they don't already have the information from your crash reports).  This may help them solve the issue.  Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 12, 2023 Nov 12, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I didn't get a notification that someone posted a new message, so it was several days before I saw your message.

Thanks for the suggestion.  That worked.  Because I didn't want to use the test catalog, I switched back to the original one.  Then I closed Organizer and immediately opened it again.  I didn't get an error message this time, so creating a new catalog seems to have solved my problem.

Bill

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines