• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Question on Photoshop Elements 2023

New Here ,
Oct 28, 2022 Oct 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just installed the program on my Windows 11 computer and had no problem.

I also have a MacBook Pro with the Monterey Software on it I would like to put the program on.

I am confused if I can put the program on the Mac with the same license or if I put it on the Mac will it deactivate the license on the Windows computer?

If need be I will buy another copy for the Mac, but looking for a way around that.

Thank you.

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 28, 2022 Oct 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is a lot of confusion about this issue.  As I understand it, whether you can install a single license on both Win and Mac OS depends on how and where you bought the program.  In order to help figure it out, you are entitled to activate 2 computers under the same license.  However, some purchases, particularly from Adobe, are OS specific.  I suggest you try to install the program on your Mac and see whether your current license is rejected.  If it is, please let us know the specific message you receive.  Include a screenshot if possible. 

Also, please let us know if the installation is activated, and if so, where you purchasd the program from.

It used to be that if you bought a boxed version from a retailer, you would receive installation DVDs for each OS, and the license would work on a Win and Mac at the same time.  However, at least in the United States, it appears that DVDs are no longer being supplied with the boxed version and you are only given a download link and redemption code to get a license.  This is understandable because very few computers are being sold with an optical disc player.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 05, 2022 Nov 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I found the labeling on Elements 2023 is misleading about working on both Windows and Macbook, It won't it's only good for one system not both.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for reporting back on your experience. Can you tell us whether you purchased from Adobe or from a third party retailer. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I, too, bought, downloaded and installed Elements 2023 on a PC with Windows and it works as expected. Now that I want to use it on a second computer -- my MAC Mini with M1 processor and MAC OS 11 (Big Sur) -- I find that I can download and install Elements 2023, but when I try to run it I get the message "Adobe Photoshop Elements 2023.app cannot be opened ... check with the developer to make sure [it] works with this version of MAC OS" I don't think this is a licencing issue -- the app hasn't got as far as asking for the Serial Number, and in any case should run in 30-day trial mode.

I also tried downloading Elements 2022, and that does run properly on the MAC in 30-day trial mode, but will my purchased Serial number for Elements 2023 work on 2022? It looks as though Elements 2022 works on MAC OS, but Elements 2023 is defective.

As a long time Elements user, I would dearly love a solution, and to get 2023 working.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I, too, bought, downloaded and installed Elements 2023 on a PC with Windows and it works as expected. Now that I want to use it on a second computer -- my MAC Mini with M1 processor and MAC OS 11 (Big Sur) -- I find that I can download and install Elements 2023, but when I try to run it I get the message "Adobe Photoshop Elements 2023.app cannot be opened ... check with the developer to make sure [it] works with this version of MAC OS" I don't think this is a licencing issue -- the app hasn't got as far as asking for the Serial Number, and in any case should run in 30-day trial mode.

I also tried downloading Elements 2022, and that does run properly on the MAC in 30-day trial mode, but will my purchased Serial number for Elements 2023 work on 2022? It looks as though Elements 2022 works on MAC OS, but Elements 2023 is defective.

As a long time Elements user, I would dearly love a solution, and to get 2023 working.

By @B26806315iw79fabrics

How much we have to pay after the trial version ends of Elements 2023 as I also love to see it working. I also want to use it on regular basis.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@B26806315iw79 said:

Now that I want to use it on a second computer -- my MAC Mini with M1 processor and MAC OS 11 (Big Sur) -- I find that I can download and install Elements 2023, but when I try to run it I get the message "Adobe Photoshop Elements 2023.app cannot be opened ... check with the developer to make sure [it] works with this version of MAC OS"

As I indicated in the earlier post, if you purchased from Adobe, you can only install on either Windows or Mac OS.  What download link did you use for the Mac?  If it was from the Product page of your Adobe account, there is probably some flag that will not allow you to install the second copy on a Mac after the first installation on Windows.  (I don't know that for a fact.)  You can try downloading from this link and see if you get any further, but I doubt whether you will.

Given all the confusion about this issue, try contacting Elements support. You can start a chat session by clicking on the blue Contact Us button under the Help & Support menu at Adobe.com. Or you can contact Support by telephone using the numbers listed here: https://helpx.adobe.com/contact/phone.html.  Hours of operation are limited outside the US.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@shakira26978449ekbn said:

How much we have to pay after the trial version ends of Elements 2023 as I also love to see it working. I also want to use it on regular basis.

You can find the current purchase price from Adobe here.  However, you can shop around at other retailers for a better price.  You might also wait for Black Friday sales which often provide a deep discount.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines