• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Quick Mask?

New Here ,
Sep 12, 2022 Sep 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was sent here to request that QUICK MASK be added as tool in Elements.  I use it a lot in PS5.  I can no longer update my OS without losing PS, but can't migrate to Elements without the Quick Mask feature.

TOPICS
Feature request

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 13, 2022 Sep 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is a hidden Quick Mask mode in Photoshop Elements.  Take a look at this video tutorial to see how it operates.

But, I have to ask you why you need a Quick Mask?  There are many other tools that will do the same thing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 14, 2022 Sep 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your reply! That looks very interesting, but does not function the same way Quick Mask does in PS 5.  I use it all the time to fine tune selections.   I have Elements, but don't use it often.  I have found it does not work as efficiently as PS does for me in most areas.   Could you steer me the other tools you mention?  Some day I will have to use Elements when I update my OS.  I'm currently running Mac 10.14.6  and I will lose PS when I update.  PS will not run in the newer OS versions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@susan m1033535, which version of Elements do you have?  And can you give us a little more information about what kind of selections you are making and for what purpose?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have Elements 2018.  In PS, I use quick mask to fine tune a selection.  I can add to, or subtract from, a selection by using either the paint brush or the eraser.  And I can select any color I want for the mask.  I make selections for a lot of different reasons.  .... changing color...add on its own layer...repeat it somewhere else...extractions...edit just a specific part of a photo...does that make sense?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 15, 2022 Sep 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I believe the Refine Selection Brush tool will do what you want to do.

Snap_2022.09.15_1h6m32s_001.png

In case you are not familiar with this tool here is a video tutorial.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 15, 2022 Sep 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Looks interesting.  Not as accurate as quick mask, but an alternative when I can no longer use PS5.  I will give it a try!  

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines