• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Re: Disk is full error

New Here ,
Aug 29, 2021 Aug 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have had the same problem with another old Adobe program, Photoshop Elements 2.0.  I just purchased a 5 TB external drive to replace a deteriorating 3 TB external drive.  When I try to save files to the new 5 TB drive, PSE says it cannot do it because the drive is full - even though it has almost 4 TB of available space.  It does, however, still save files to the old 3 TB drive.  Having read the solution posted above, I then partitioned the new drive into drives of  about 2.5 TB each, thinking that if PSE 2.0 works with a 3 TB drive, it should work with a 2.5 TB drive.  Unfortunately, I still get the same message when I try to save a file - it cannot do it because the drive is full.

Any suggestions, please?

Thank you.

Dave

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Aug 29, 2021 Aug 29, 2021

The problem is that pse 2 (as is the case with photoshop 7 of the same vintage) can't see

hard drives with free space of more that 1TB.

Photoshop elements 3 and newer had that issue corrected.

I'd suggest either saving to your boot drive and then moving the files over to the

external drive or making a partition of 1TB on the external drive.

Here's an internal drive with 1.77 TB of free space and when trying to save using pse 2, it

generates the same message you got.

Screenshot-(275).jpgScreenshot-(276).jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @defaultyy9ufqwxf242 

Since your question is about Photoshop Elements, I have moved this from a thread in the Photoshop forum where you posted.

Here is the original thread for reference:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/photoshop-ecosystem/disk-is-full-error/m-p/12024309

~ Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, Jane, though I am still waiting for a response.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Amazing 2.0 would even work-- I can't even get the installer to work.  Seriously though- just buty the latest version- what you're using hasn't been supported for years, that alone will make it next to impossible for you to get any help with this. 

Save yourself the frustration- just buy the newest version. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the advice.  It would appear that that's what I will have to do.  At least I got a lot of years out of PSE 2.0.  🙂

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Dave,

I don't use PSE, but will say this:

~ Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The problem is that pse 2 (as is the case with photoshop 7 of the same vintage) can't see

hard drives with free space of more that 1TB.

Photoshop elements 3 and newer had that issue corrected.

I'd suggest either saving to your boot drive and then moving the files over to the

external drive or making a partition of 1TB on the external drive.

Here's an internal drive with 1.77 TB of free space and when trying to save using pse 2, it

generates the same message you got.

Screenshot-(275).jpgScreenshot-(276).jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 25, 2022 Feb 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is still a problem with Elements 2021.  I don't understand why this "feature"  has not been fixed. How much space does the program need just to open??!! The video editor has no problem opening.

The app is now useless.  Probably too late to get my money back.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 25, 2022 Feb 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Your issue is for a different reason than what this thread ia about.

(the cause was too much actual free disk space)

What operating system are you using?

How much free space does your drive have?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines