• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Redemption Code "doesn't seem to be active"

New Here ,
Nov 19, 2022 Nov 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I picked up PS/Premiere Elements 2022 second hand (but sealed) I'm trying to redeem the redemption code and keep getting this error. I've tried on two broswers.Untitled-1.jpg

Can someone give me a hand? I'll gladly provide a photo of the card and it's packaging to a trusted Adobe representative. TIA

TOPICS
Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Where did you "pick up" this copy of Elements 2022? 

Look at the FAQs in this HelpX article to make sure you are following the redemption procedure.  Otherwise, it looks like you may have been ripped off.

This is a user to user forum, so there is nothing we can do for you other than to direct you to Customer Support (as the error message suggests).  You can start a chat session by clicking on the blue Contact Us button under the Help & Support menu at Adobe.com. Or you can contact Support by telephone using the numbers listed here: https://helpx.adobe.com/contact/phone.html. Hours of operation outside of the United States are limited. See the phone link for details.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

purchased. I purchased it at a second hand store. I do not appreicate the implication of dishonesty on my part.  I posted here becuase I could find any chat links - there is no circle link anywhere in both of my browsers I tried. Could be because I am NOT american. I saw someone else recieved help from an Adobe employee and was hoping for help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 20, 2022 Nov 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@iColorize, I was not suggesting any dishonesty on your part.  I was questioning the authenticity of the seller.  As I said, "you may have been ripped off."  

As I also said, Support hours outside the United States are limited.  If you look at the telephone link I provided, you will see the Support hours in your region.  As I understand it, Chat Support is also limited to those hours, which is why you may not see the chat link button.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,
Nov 20, 2022 Nov 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

A couple of years ago I came across a copy of PSE 2021 for $19 at Wal-Mart-  I figured for $19 it couldn't hurt to try.  I took it to the register- there are two bar codes that haveto get scanned during the prchase- one for the product, one one for the copy of the software in the box--- basically tells adobe "Hey a copy of the software was sold".

No, I'm not talking about the redemption code typically found on a card inside the box. 

There was an issue with the second barcode- it wouldn't scan.   I told the cashier I'd buy it anyway. 

When I took it home I got the exact same error messsage you posted.   

I ended up throwing it away in the trash. 

My point? Sure sounds like you're basically out of luck, all because that second barcode on the box did not get scanned during the original purchase  of the software.   Many secondhand stores have their own shrink wrap stuff so that doesn't mean it's "original" if you find shrinkwrapped software at a goodwill store. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines