• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Saving to Cloud

New Here ,
Jul 11, 2022 Jul 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have recently upgraded to Elements 21 and am running Windows 10 on x64. Nowhere can I see 'Save' or 'Save As' on the Edit menu, or see 'File Handling' under 'Edit/Preferences'. So can you please tell me how to save to the Cloud?

TOPICS
Organizer , Problem or error , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Expert , Jul 14, 2022 Jul 14, 2022

Probably didn't ask for you to sign in and give your serial if you alteady had installed on the

same computer and signed in then.

The File Handling Preferences are under Edit>Preferences, however, photoshop elements 2021 doesn't have a preference pertaining to Cloud Saving. The info you read was probably about photoshop cc.

Also make sure your in the photoshop elements editor and not the Organizer.

If you still don't see Save As or Save in the File menu can you post a screenshot of what yo

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , Jul 15, 2022 Jul 15, 2022

It sounds like you are indeed in the Organizer, not the Editor.  You do not have to enter a serial number when using the Organizer (although you have to sign into your Adobe account).  As soon as you open the Editor, you will be prompted to enter the serial number.

As for blurry photos in the Organizer, that suggests that the full size thumbnails have not yet been created.  Either double-click on a blurry image to bring it into full screen view or select it and update the thumbnail from a righ

Votes

Translate

Translate
Mentor ,
Jul 12, 2022 Jul 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's not really a preference thing you can set up.    Install Adobe creative cloud for desktop, then you will have the option of saving it to adobe creative cloud.   No reason to worry about getting signed up for anything, just install it and use it as much or as little as you wish. 

https://helpx.adobe.com/download-install/kb/creative-cloud-desktop-app-download.html

I subscribe to the photography plan-  costs me $10.84 a month. I get 20GB of storage.
The free plan only gives you 2 GB of storage. 

There are all sort of cloud storage things available- use what makes you happy. 

Below is what I see when I save a file to the adobe creative cloud.  I do subscribe to photoshop, so I have lots of things "in the cloud" but I really don't use it (the clod) for storing anything--- I just work from one computer and prefer to do local backups.

2022-07-12_061334.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Jul 12, 2022 Jul 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Peter,

The "Save" & "Save As..." commands are found in the File menu.

Screenshot-000117.png

"File Handling" is covered by "Saving Files" in Edit > Preferences.

Screenshot-000119.png

And, I use Microsoft's OneDrive. So, when I want to "Save to Cloud", I use "Save As..." and navigate to my OneDrive folder and save.

Screenshot-000120.png

If you use another Cloud storage service like Dropbox or Adobe Creative Cloud, the process would be similar.

--
Walter in Davie, FL

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 13, 2022 Jul 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Save to Cloud was only a preview feature in pse 2021 and not all regions (parts of the world) had that available.

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop-elements/using/save-to-cloud-termination.html

In the pse 2021 Editor one would go to File>Open, then select Open Cloud Photos

Screenshot-(327).jpg

To sav to cloud one would go to File>Save As then Save to the Cloud

Screenshot-(330).jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 13, 2022 Jul 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your response to my problem, but, as I said in my previous post "Nowhere can I see 'Save' or 'Save As'  or 'File Handling' in the Menus".  And there is no 'Open' option either in the 'File' menu. They do nor exist!

Added to this all my photos are blurred, which suggests a fundamental problem with the installation.

I have now uninstalled Elements 21  and reinstalled it from the Adobe website, but never had the opportunity to use the Activation Code, nor have I found any means of entering the code once the program is installed.

Any further suggestions?

Regards

Peter

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 15, 2022 Jul 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Peter,

As suggested by Jeff, you are in the organizer, not in the editor.

That explains what you are describing.

Just look at the icon bar on the bottom of your display and click on the 'editor' icon.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 14, 2022 Jul 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Probably didn't ask for you to sign in and give your serial if you alteady had installed on the

same computer and signed in then.

The File Handling Preferences are under Edit>Preferences, however, photoshop elements 2021 doesn't have a preference pertaining to Cloud Saving. The info you read was probably about photoshop cc.

Also make sure your in the photoshop elements editor and not the Organizer.

If you still don't see Save As or Save in the File menu can you post a screenshot of what you are seeing?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 23, 2022 Jul 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks all for you help.  Although I started off many moons ago with Photoshop Album, which devolved into Photoshop elements, I have just got rusty with how Elements operated.  In addition this is my first venture into the concepts of the Cloud and and not knowing how it operates.

So, yes, I was indeed in the Organiser when looking for file saving activities (as I thought I used to do in the past) and have now managed to enter my Activiation Code, and all appears well.

Regards

Peter

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 15, 2022 Jul 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It sounds like you are indeed in the Organizer, not the Editor.  You do not have to enter a serial number when using the Organizer (although you have to sign into your Adobe account).  As soon as you open the Editor, you will be prompted to enter the serial number.

As for blurry photos in the Organizer, that suggests that the full size thumbnails have not yet been created.  Either double-click on a blurry image to bring it into full screen view or select it and update the thumbnail from a right-click context menu or press Ctrl+Shift+U.

If, for some reason, you want to change the name of a file in the Organizer, you can do so from the Information panel on the right.  Select the file in the grid and simply type in a new name in the Name field.  Press Enter and the name will be changed.

Snap_2022.07.15_12h8m8s_001.png

If you want to move the  files to a new location, you can do that (and should only do that) in the Organizer, using the Folder panel on the left of the Organizer window.  (Or use the File>Move menu.)

If you want to copy the files to a new location from the Organizer, you can use the File>Export as New File(s) command.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines