• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Sliders disappear in Photoshop Elements 2021 on mac Mini with M1

Community Beginner ,
Mar 04, 2021 Mar 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am on a Mac Mini M1 and have installed PSE 2021. Any slider that I come across has the right side of it disappear off the screen. I go to full screen and they are still off the screen. I go to regular view and the same thing. I try to readjust the window the sliders are in but to no avail. If I go to regular view and pull the entire PSE window to the left, I can get 100% out of the slider. But, my cursor goes past the working window. In some cases I have to pull the PSE window to the left so much that I cannot tell what the slider is actually doing to the photo. It happens with all sliders.

TOPICS
Actions , Bug , Mac , Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 04, 2021 Mar 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screen-Shot-2021-03-05-at-01.01.05.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Mar 05, 2021 Mar 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Sorry that sliders in Photoshop Elements 2021 running on Mac Mini M1 are not visible unless you don't resize the window.

Would you mind trying a quick method of restoring preferences: 

Do one of the following:

• Press and hold Alt+Control+Shift (Mac: Option+Command+Shift) immediately after Photoshop Elements begins launching. Click Yes to delete the Adobe Photoshop Elements settings file.
  • Go to Edit > Preferences (Mac: Photoshop Elements > Preferences > General), click the Reset Preferences on next launch button, and then click OK. When you restart Adobe Photoshop Elements, all preferences are reset to default settings.

Let us know the outcome.

Thanks,

Akash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No this did not work. I tried this method twice. Option+Command+Shift on start.Click Yes to delete PSE settings file. Click Reset Pref on next Launch. When I restart PSE the sliders are the same.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I reinstalled the program after first completely deleting it from my system. The problem still exists.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am sorry but the suggestion you made did not work. I even went so far as to uninstall PSE completely and reinstall it. The sliders still disappear. It happens only in the guided edit whenever an enhancement is applied. Like I said, I can do the adjustment, only when I can see the photo I am working on.

I am working on an M1 Mac mini 2020. I am running the latest version of Big Sur. I have PSE 2021 recently purchased and newly installed. I don’t know what else I can do about the problem.

I am looking forward to hearing from you concerning this issue.

Ron Bailey

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Apparently, there are problems with using most some Adobe products with an Apple M1 chip.  See this article.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 09, 2021 Mar 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the exact same problem on an iMac running PSE 2020.Screen Shot 2021-03-09 at 7.37.15 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Mar 10, 2021 Mar 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Tim,

Are you running macOS 11 Big Sur on your iMac?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Phil...Thanks for asking...

Yes, OS 11.2.2.

As suggested in earlier posts, I've tried resetting the tools--no effect. Of course, dragging the PSE work space larger doesn't capture the full slider.

The odd thing is, I can drag the slider indicator to the right, out of the margin of the PSE workspace, see the setting number, but once I release it, the indicator isn't seen, and, of course, I can't click where I had just left it--I have to click on a visible part of the slider and reset it. [images below].

Thanks in advance for any advice. I haven't been able to find anything on this on any site or forum after quite a bit of searching. ~Timothy

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

slider.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Tim,

Thanks for that useful info 🙂

It looks like this is a problem with macOS Big Sur, and not specifically to those with an M1 chip.

I'm afraid I'm no longer a Mac user, so I can't really help much further, but if you haven't already, try changing your display resolution to see if that fixes the problem - it might, but then again, you'll probably end up with a really lousy-looking display even if it does work.

Another option might be to see if playing around with the "Preferences > Display & Cursors > High Density Displays" setting sorts out the problem.

Like you've found already, this doesn't appear to be a widely-reported issue with Photoshop Elements and Big Sur, so any further info you can share on the problem will be useful to Adobe if it is indeed a bug. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines