• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

soft-proof plugin for PSE 2021

Participant ,
Jul 25, 2021 Jul 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Finally.  I decided to print my favorite macro photographs.  But, wait, a second.... Apparently, I need to use soft-proof, not available for PSE.  

Googled it, I see a wide range of free and paid for soft-proof plugins. 

Any advice?

TIA

TOPICS
How to , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Advocate , Jul 25, 2021 Jul 25, 2021

@dianef31111009, Elements+ has a Soft Proof utility. It's only a $12 plug-in.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@dianef31111009, Elements+ has a Soft Proof utility. It's only a $12 plug-in.

--
Walter in Davie, FL

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

have you used this program? is it user friendly? 

thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@dianef31111009, Yes, I do use it, but only occasionally. The features that I have used are just as user friendly as the PSE dialog windows. But, I have never used the Soft Proof feature. You can download a free demo to try it.

--
Walter in Davie, FL

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 26, 2021 Jul 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@dianef31111009, Yes, I do use it, but only occasionally. The features that I have used are just as user friendly as the PSE dialog windows. But, I have never used the Soft Proof feature. You can download a free demo to try it.

By @Walter_H

The free demo offers a small selection of all the scripts and I am not sure the soft proof one is included. The purpose is mainly to check the compatibility of the add-on with your your hardware and software. That said, you'll certainly find a number of very useful tools for the full price!

The question I have is about the need to soft proof with Elements. Do you use a display calibration tool like a spyder?

The color management experts are in this forum:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/color-management/bd-p/Color-Management?page=1&sort=latest_replies&fil...

I am not sure if those experts are aware of the limitations of Elements for color management.

If you can tell us more why you think it would be important for you, we might give you some help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jul 28, 2021 Jul 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The reason I thought it important to use "soft proof" is because I intend to send my photos to an outside lab for printing, and it was recommended. However I just recently purchased Data color spyder x pro, and hopefully, that will calibrate my monitor. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 28, 2021 Jul 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The reason I thought it important to use "soft proof" is because I intend to send my photos to an outside lab for printing, and it was recommended. However I just recently purchased Data color spyder x pro, and hopefully, that will calibrate my monitor. 

By @dianef31111009

Yes, using the spyder is much more important than soft proofing, which is not possible if you can't trust your monitor.

To be clear, the purpose of soft proofing is to show 'on screen' what your printed material will look like on paper. The printed range of colors and brightness contrast on paper is mostly lower than what a good calibrated display can show. So, you are warned about which colors in some parts of your image will be problematic.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines