• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Support PDFs as an Adobe Photoshop Organizer 2024 media format.

Community Beginner ,
Jun 26, 2024 Jun 26, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

PDFs are Adobe media files?  why can't they be imported and tagged in the Organizer Catalog?  Make it a feature now please.

TOPICS
Feature request

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 27, 2024 Jun 27, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The organizer has supported pdf files until a few years. No explanation from Adobe for that decision.

Check if the pdfs made from Elements itself can be managed, as they are 'Photoshop Pdf' format including the Acrobat pdf common format together with a full Photoshop layered psd.

Maybe use Bridge for Acrobat psd files (Bridge desktop is free).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bridge  is a confusing mess.

I don't know how to take a multi-page pdf and create a "Photoshop Pdf".  when i open a pdf in Elements Editor I get multiple files for each page or image.  Not a layered psd.  How am I supposed to create this combo Acrobat pdf and layered psd? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Bridge  is a confusing mess.

I don't know how to take a multi-page pdf and create a "Photoshop Pdf".  when i open a pdf in Elements Editor I get multiple files for each page or image.  Not a layered psd.  How am I supposed to create this combo Acrobat pdf and layered psd? 

By @rwpowell

"Bridge  is a confusing mess."  ... for an organizer user and reciprocally.

"I don't know how to take a multi-page pdf" :  To create one, you must remember that pdf is NOT a photo file format, it's a printing format. So the natural way to create a multipage format is to use a virtual printer driver like the Microsoft "print to pdf". Instead of saving, print and you'll get an acrobat pdf (single or multi layers if you print several layers at the same time.

Another way would be to use the slideshow option as pdf.

"......and create a "Photoshop Pdf". That's the format option you choose when you save files as pdf in PSE. If you have a multilayered file, it will open both from Acrobat or Photoshop/PSE. Only drawback, the resulting file size is huge.

"when i open a pdf in Elements Editor I get multiple files for each page or image.  Not a layered psd. " 

Indeed true Acobat PDF printing format must be read and converted to a photo format, page by page in Elements.  Pages are not layers.

So, the problem of managing PDFs in the organizer remains, but you can create multipage pdfs from the editor and a virtual pdf printer driver (aside from Microsoft, many free or affordable ones available.

Of course, Acrobat is the choice of Adobe for more advanced pdf management.                                                                                                                                                                         

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Even if I open a psd file and save it as a "photoshop pdf", Organizer will not import it due to it having a .pdf file extension.  Not a supported media format.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines