• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Surface pen lets photoshop elements 2021 crash

New Here ,
Feb 18, 2021 Feb 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Surface pen lets photoshop elements 2021 crash. When i use windows ink or other programs the surface pen works. When I use a mouse in ps elements 2021 it also works, but as soon as I trie to select it stops working. the rapport says something like ELEMENTS EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION

TOPICS
Crash or freeze

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 30, 2021 Jul 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree. It's a pain! The way I solved my problem was to purchase a One by
Wacom tablet. It's a very simple tablet and is for students. For what I
need it works. Hope that helps!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a Wacom tablet. I wanted something easier to lug around when traveling. It seems that some people can use the MS Surface Pen with a Surface Pro 7, but not me!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 18, 2021 Jul 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is my problem also. I can make a menu selection in photo editor, such as file, open, and select the file. However, when I try to make a tool selection it selects a tool farther down the menu. As an example if I select lasso the paint bucket gets selected. if I select the move tool, the sponge is selected. Then even if I just try to use the incorrect tool, it's just a cursor.  The pen does not work just a cursor blinking. Also it will not let me select a new layer.

Surface pro 7 ver 49.620.139.0

Surface pen that works with all other applications

Photoshop elements 2021

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 18, 2021 Jul 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ps, if I make a selection with my finger for a new blank file, and then with my finger select pencil tool. I can get the pen to work only if it's in the uppermost left hand corner of my work surface. And the pencil writes in the middle of the screen.

I have tried calibration several times and it doesn't fix the problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 28, 2021 Jul 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I like how still no one has responded.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Like you, I'm very frustrated. I love the Microsoft Surface Pen, but I'm still having to drag along my Wacom Tablet when I travel because PSE doesn't work with the pen.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 09, 2021 Apr 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also, as mentioned by Marc in below post, some resolution worked for him:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/photoshop-elements/wacom-pen-doesn-t-work-anymore-with-latest-photosh...

Can you please try it out at your end and let usn know how it goes?

Regards,

Nidhi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 27, 2021 Apr 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, 

I have a Microsoft Surface laptop and it doesn't allow me to install wacom. The Surface pen doesn't wor with Photoshop (by painting). Genarally it works to open the RSE menu, etc. My Photoshop is new and doesn't have any updates. Can you please advice what I can do? I reviewed all the answers and nothing helps..Thank you in advance.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 10, 2021 Jun 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a DELL Inspiron 7306 2n1 and the pen that comes with the tablet does not work. Then I purchased a One by Wacom and it doesn't work with PSE either. Both pens work with the rest of the programs on the computer, but NOT with PSE.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same problem with my new Surface Pro 7. Pen will activate top level drop downs but nothing in the editing space will activate using the pen. Will activate if I use my finger or track pad. Contacted support and they said they will get back to me. Guess I will not hold my breath waiting from what I see here. Seem to me Adobe would want to fix. I have been using Adobe elements going back at least 10 years so I sure hope they can get this fixed soon as it looks like many of us are having the same problem. I spent two day working with Mircosoft on this issue before they concluded that it has to be Adobe's issue with the program. So Adobe what is the answer. Will it be fixed? What do you want us to do next? How do we escalate this issue?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines