• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Surface Pen Problem

Explorer ,
Jul 01, 2021 Jul 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just purchased a Surface Pen. I'm using a Surface Pro 7 and Photoshop Elements 2021.

The pen isn't working correctly. If I select a tool, say the Move tool, the Smudge is selected instead. If I select the Lasso, the Gradient is selected. If I instead, use my finger and touch the Pencil and then try to use the pen, it just has a precise curser.

The pen seems to work fine in Paint or another program. I had been using an older Wacom tablet with success. I did got into Windows' calibrate pen twice, but it's still having problems.

I have read many older posts that had problems with the Surface Pen, but nothing newer. Any help please?

TOPICS
Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Aug 19, 2021 Aug 19, 2021

I have a Surface Pro 4, installed Photoshop Elements 2021 yesterday as a trial version and had the same experience.

After googling and trying around, I think I found the solution:

In PSE menu under Edit / Preferences / Display & Cursor / set the UI scaling factor to automatic.

Close PSE.

Go to the system folder C / Programs / Adobe / Photoshop Elements 2021 / right click on the file PhotoshopElementsEditor.exe / Properties / Compatibility / Change High DPI settings / check High DPI scaling and under

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner ,
Aug 19, 2021 Aug 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a Surface Pro 4, installed Photoshop Elements 2021 yesterday as a trial version and had the same experience.

After googling and trying around, I think I found the solution:

In PSE menu under Edit / Preferences / Display & Cursor / set the UI scaling factor to automatic.

Close PSE.

Go to the system folder C / Programs / Adobe / Photoshop Elements 2021 / right click on the file PhotoshopElementsEditor.exe / Properties / Compatibility / Change High DPI settings / check High DPI scaling and under that activate System. Then OK and Apply. Close everything.

Then open PSE. Now it should work. With me it was in any case so.

This is a translation from German into English. I hope it is understandable and the terms in the program settings are present in the English menus.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 19, 2021 Aug 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Kay_B., It WORKED!!! Thank you so much. I have been very disappointed with the lack of help from Adobe. However, many thanks to people like you that have the experience and willingness to help others! WOW this works.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 08, 2021 Nov 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Oh wow yes that did seem to work!!  Thank you SO much!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines