• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

thumbnails not display in the photo downloader Photoshop Elements 2022

Community Beginner ,
Dec 27, 2021 Dec 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, Photoshop Elements 2022 does not display thumbnails in the photo downloader. Elements 2018 is also on the same PC. The thumbnails are displayed there. Who knows how I can solve this?

TOPICS
How to , Import and export , Organizer , Problem or error , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 01, 2022 Jan 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you using a different (newer) camera to download files into Elements 2022?  If so, is it a very new camera that requires the very latest Camera Raw version to process the files?

How many files are you downloading via the Adobe Photo Downloader (APD)?  If it is a large number, it can take a long time for the thumbnails to generate.

The APD does not generate thumbnails for video files.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 04, 2022 Jan 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I work with Nikon camera D750 and a drone DJI Phantom 4 Pro. Both are not very recent and also just work with Adobe Photoshop Elements 2018. The number of photos is not the problem either. In element 2018, the thumbnails are also displayed very quickly.

Once downloaded, the photos will be displayed in the Elements 2022 catalog (NEF, DNG, etc.)!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 05, 2022 Feb 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue with previews from a Panasonic GX8 .RW2 raw files, works fine in PSE 14 which is still on the PC. Been chatting to "Support" via Facebook but their suggestions are best described as first line support.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 23, 2022 Feb 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately, it has gone quiet at Adobe. I no longer receive any response. Also my last call for a comment is no longer answered:
"Why am I no longer getting a response to this issue? Element 2022 will be completely useless to me if this isn't resolved.
Also I'm not the only one with this problem given a response on the forum."
I find it unbelievable that Adobe is not solving this problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 23, 2022 Feb 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a user to user forum. 

If I understand you correctly, your only problem is with the APD not displaying thumbnails of files you are importing into your catalog.  Once the files are imported, the thumbnails display correctly.  Yes?

If this is a big issue for you, I suggest you contact Adobe Support.  You can start a chat session by clicking on the blue Contact Us button under the Support menu at Adobe.com. Or you can contact Support by telephone using the numbers listed here: https://helpx.adobe.com/contact/phone.html.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 24, 2022 Feb 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's right. But I've been working on a fix with Adobe Support since December. I also made a video of this which makes it clear what the problem is. Adobe Support has forwarded this to the Adobe Elements workgroup. Since then I hear nothing more.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe has just released an update for Elements 2022 which supposedly fixes some bugs. Have you checked to see whether your problem has been fixed? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

333 / 5.000
There is indeed an update available. This includes a Camera Raw Element 14.1 update. But it runs automatically. Unfortunately I can't install it manually! And that's a pity! So I'll have to wait and see if this update fixes the problem. I'll let you know when it's installed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I too have been talking to support, via FaceBook messenger, I chased them this morning and was also advised an update is available; I've installed the update but it does not resolve the issue. I have updated the support team and they acknowledge that there is a problem as they have replicated the issue, this will be passed on to engineering for further investigation.

As a workaround, they have suggested using Adobe Bridge, this too has a download tool which support claim works fine, I have not tested this myself though.

As far as updating PSE 2022, it did not update automatically, I left the app open for over an hour but nothing. In the end I changed the software update preferences to "notify me" instead of "automatically downl....", then, when you go to updates, there is an option to download and install.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As Jay227919807n7u pointed out, I modified the update preferences and then installed the update. Unfortunately the problem has not been solved.Schermafdruk 2022-02-24 20.36.21.pngSchermafdruk 2022-02-24 20.36.58.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 28, 2022 Feb 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here's something weird.  I'm using PSE 2022 and Canon Rebel 68i. I've been having the same problems in PSE 2022 with only the raw thumbnails displayed before I import, so I'm blindly importing all the raw files.  I have contacted and talked to Adobe 6 times since Dec. Today I saw there was an update and I downloaded it.  It didn't solve the problem in Organizer - before importing all I could see there were raw symbol thumbnails.  But on a whim, I inserted my memory card in the reader, and opened up Editor. Went to File, dropped down to DCIM, clinked on that, then opened 100Canon.  And there they were - my most recent images on the memory card. 

Has anyone else had a similar response?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I will bring this to the attention of the developers.  But don't expect a fix for Elements 2022.  You are the first two users that I have seen mention it.  Frankly, I have noticed it too with videos and iPhone imports, but it doesn't bother me because I don't use the APD to cull my images for import.  It would help me plead your case if you can give me a concrete workflow that you use and why it is important to you for the thumbnails to show in the APD.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 25, 2022 Feb 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I often shoot multiple projects in one day. For me, the APD works best by selecting the photos there and giving them the correct project name with a serial number. The date is then automatically prefixed. The photos are then downloaded with the correct name and put on my RAW drive. In LRC I import the photos from my RAW drive to edit them and export them to the client folder. In LRC I am unable to rename my photos the same way I can in APD.

I switched to Windows 11 in 2021 and for that reason I also purchased the latest version of Elements. For a lot of tasks, Photoshop and Premiere Elements works faster for me than Photoshop and Priemiere Pro that I also own.

Besides, it just has to work! It has worked in all versions of Elements. Now I have paid €180.00 for a product that does not work for me and I am now forced to keep working with Elements 2018! I am very disappointed in Adobe that they are not getting this basic feature up and running! It's kind of like buying an Adobe electric car, but it doesn't have a charging plug! Very weird!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Vast Grafisch 

Could you please upload some sample files here.

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

nico@vastgrafisch.nl sent you Vast Grafisch samples.zip

1 item, 79.2 MB in total ・ Expires on 7 March, 2022

Download link:

https://wetransfer.com/downloads/95be05ca49eccb33a262c7aec9c354c320220228154314/bf7fec31429f02f39b23...

Hello,

Here are the samples you requested. These are too large to send as an attachment. That's

why I send it via WeTransfer.

These photos show up in the Elemnts 2018 APD without any problem.

Yours sincerely,

Vast Grafisch

Nico van Ast

1 item

Vast Grafisch samples.zip - 79.2 MB

[Sent through WeTransfer Pro](https://wetransfer.com/pro?trk=WT201704_email&utm_campaign=WT_email_tracking&utm_content=general&utm...)

About WeTransfer: https://wetransfer.com/about

Help: https://wetransfer.zendesk.com/hc/en-us

Legal: https://wetransfer.com/legal/terms

To make sure our emails arrive, please add noreply@wetransfer.com to [your contacts](https://wetransfer.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/204909429).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 01, 2022 Mar 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If I choose "from files and folders" instead of "camera or card reader" when importing into the APD, I do see the thumbnails. First choose to display large icons.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines