• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Unable to resize using bounding box handles in PS elements 2021

New Here ,
Jan 21, 2022 Jan 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have Elements on a laptop and a desktop. I can paste an image into PSE on my laptop and there are bounding box handles to resize the image whenever I select the image. On my desktop, the bounding box handles only appear when the image is initially pasted in. After that when I select the image there are no bounding box handles, I can only move the image. I'm guessing there's a setting somewhere I don't know about. Thanks.

TOPICS
How to , Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jan 21, 2022 Jan 21, 2022

The Background layer is a locked layer. Duplicate the Background layer and work on the Background copy layer.

Activate the Move tool and you should see the bounding box & corner handles.  You can also engage the Transform tool with keyboard shortcut CTRL+T.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Background layer is a locked layer. Duplicate the Background layer and work on the Background copy layer.

Activate the Move tool and you should see the bounding box & corner handles.  You can also engage the Transform tool with keyboard shortcut CTRL+T.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

tried that🤷‍:male_sign: Each time I pasted the image on the desktop or laptop I first created a new layer. Same problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please post a screen shot of the Layers panel to help us better understand the issue.

My work flow is to go to File> open, and point to the picture file that I wish to work on.

Exactly what are you "pasting"?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A6ETramMN_0-1642804822170.png

When I use control + T the handles are on the outside of the layer and not the image. When I use them to resize, only the layer is resized, the image stays in position and stays the same size. The image is a .png. On the laptop the boundng box handles appear around the image and I can resize the image.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Never mind got it to work with CTRL + T once I selected the correct layer. Operator error. Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You are welcome. Glad to help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines