• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Upgrading MacBook Air and Elements

New Here ,
Mar 12, 2021 Mar 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have an early 2015 Macbook Air using OS High Sierra version 10.13.6 and am using Adobe Elements 14. I plan to upgrade my Macbook Air to the 2020 version and to install Elements 2021 on it. How can I transfer over the albums etc from Adobe Elements 14 on my current Macbook Air? Or is that not possible so that I will have to reimport the photos from the folders and create new Albums?

Thanks

TOPICS
How to , Mac , Organizer

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Mar 12, 2021 Mar 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

How much RAM do you have in your MacBook Air?

4GB or 8GB?

If it's only 4GB I would stick with your current setup.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 14, 2021 Mar 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi,

Yes, you can transfer your albums and catalog structure without reimporting the pictures. To transfer your catalog to the new machine, you will first need to take a 'full backup' of your catalog from the old machine, and then restore it to the new one. To know about backup and restore process, please refer the article: https://helpx.adobe.com/in/photoshop-elements/kb/backup-restore-move-catalog-photoshop.html

Let me know if you face any issues while doing this.

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines