• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

User Interface On-Screen Size

Explorer ,
Nov 26, 2022 Nov 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have just purchased Elements and Premier Elements 23 ... Premier Elements is fine, but the scaling or visual on screen size of Photoshop is either to small to use or oversized. I have tried changing 'User Interface Scaling' but there are only 3 options: 100% is tiny and 200% is oversized - Automatic give the same as 200%. I have tried changing the display settings, but the results just dont work. This is really frustrating. Anyone got a solution - PLEASE?

TOPICS
Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Nov 27, 2022 Nov 27, 2022

Go to C:\Program Files\Adobe\Photoshop Elements 2023, right click on the PhotoshopElementsEditor.exe file and  click on Properties>Compatibility>Change high DPI Settings>Override high DPI scaling behavior>System Enhanced.

Snap_2022.11.27_1h19m14s_007.png

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Nov 27, 2022 Nov 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Go to C:\Program Files\Adobe\Photoshop Elements 2023, right click on the PhotoshopElementsEditor.exe file and  click on Properties>Compatibility>Change high DPI Settings>Override high DPI scaling behavior>System Enhanced.

Snap_2022.11.27_1h19m14s_007.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 18, 2023 Jun 18, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I applied this fix which solved most of the problem but the adjustments menu onthe right is in the missle of the screen

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 12, 2024 Feb 12, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Greg Elements 2024 is little different.  Can you list instructions for that version?  Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 12, 2024 Feb 12, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@David33614039uahd said:  Elements 2024 is little different. Can you list instructions for that version? 

Instructions to do what?  How is Elements 2024 different?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 13, 2024 Feb 13, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, thought I was replying to a thread.  When I move Elements from my laptop screen to my second (larger) monitor I get terrible proportions and was wondering if there was a fix to handle that.  Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 18, 2023 Jun 18, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Mark305777580kh6, the Adjustment panel is dockable.  So you can click on the top bar of the panel and move it wherever you want.  You can also move it over other panels and dock them together.

Ashampoo_Snap_Sunday, June 18, 2023_15h29m11s_multi.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@David33614039uahd, you still haven't said how Elements 2024 is different than earlier versions or fixes.  Nor have you given any detail about the terrible proportions.  Do you mean the window dimensions or the UI scaling?  What is the size of your larger monitor?   

Do you have more than one GPU?  If so, disable the Intel internal GPU and see if the suggestions for UI scaling work (if that is what the problem is). 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Laptop.JPGMonitor 2.JPG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

the top picture is from my laptop - the work area is what I would call normal.  The bottom picture is when I move Elements to the secondary monitor.  Here everything seems out of proportion to me.  Which is the issue I'm trying to correct.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@David33614039uahd, while a picture is normally worth a thousand words, it doesn't help us if you don't say which screenshot is your laptop and which your desktop.  You also are not answering my specific questions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@David33614039uahd, again you have not answered my questions.

1.  What is the pixel resolution of your problem monitor?

2.  Do you have it set to the recommended resolution in Windows>Settings?

3.  Does your computer have more than one GPU?

Have you tried going to Edit>Preferences>Display & Cursors and changing the options for High Density Displays?

Ashampoo_Snap_Tuesday, February 13, 2024_11h42m32s.png

@Dr Lobster, please stop marking every reply in this thread as Correct.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines