• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Using Adobe Bridge 2024 Inside PSE2024 Organizer

New Here ,
Jun 26, 2024 Jun 26, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is it possible to use Adobe Bridge 2024 inside PSE2024 Organizer to edit and change things in images?
If so, how would I do that?
TIA!

TOPICS
How to , Organizer

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jun 27, 2024 Jun 27, 2024

I have Bridge in a subscription for Creative Cloud, but you can use it for free without any other subscription like Photoshop, Lightroom or Acrobat.

In Elements I have set Bridge as a secondary editor for the organizer. From Bridge I can browse and select my files and decide which software to edit the file: Photoshop or Elements.

That's good for me because I don't use Photoshop, but Bridge is able to open files in the full Photoshop ACR version with my subscription. Without that subscription, Br

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Jun 26, 2024 Jun 26, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What operating system are you using?

What kind of changes would you make in Bridge that Photoshop Elements doesn't do?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 27, 2024 Jun 27, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My OS is Windows 11.
I like to rename my photos in Bridge so that I have them arranged by shot date, then Group Name, then numbered (01, 02, 03, ... 98, 99).
I can also change more of the metadata in images that may have been scanned, but I know are from a specific date years before.
I don't believe I can do ALL of that in PSE2024; unless I'm wrong.
I've inherited a TON of very old phtotos from my great-aunts, parents and inlaws. I also do genealogy.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have Bridge in a subscription for Creative Cloud, but you can use it for free without any other subscription like Photoshop, Lightroom or Acrobat.

In Elements I have set Bridge as a secondary editor for the organizer. From Bridge I can browse and select my files and decide which software to edit the file: Photoshop or Elements.

That's good for me because I don't use Photoshop, but Bridge is able to open files in the full Photoshop ACR version with my subscription. Without that subscription, Bridge can open raw* files in the PSE ACR limited version.

* Raw or not files. If I have edited jpegs in ACR, Bridge or the organizer will open them directly in the avalable software.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

THANK YOU!
I was able to find where I can set Bridge as a secondary editor in my Organizer.
Appreciate your help with this!
Have a great day!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@MWazzy said: 

I like to rename my photos in Bridge so that I have them arranged by shot date, then Group Name, then numbered (01, 02, 03, ... 98, 99).
I can also change more of the metadata in images that may have been scanned, but I know are from a specific date years before.
I don't believe I can do ALL of that in PSE2024; unless I'm wrong.
I've inherited a TON of very old phtotos from my great-aunts, parents and inlaws. I also do genealogy.

I believe all of your needs can be served by Elements.  If you want to be more specific, we can offer some suggestions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Greg, I'll have to play with trying that in PSE2024. 
I really like being able to number my photos as I do in Bridge, which is something I'm not sure how PSE2024 can. 
Will play with it and see what happens.
But first, back up EVERYTHING, so if it goes horribly wrong, no harm, no foul. 😉

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines